Host - M. Miller

May 9
    Roosevelt Inlet, DE for flounder
    Host - Redfish12

June 13
    Upper Potomac for bass
    Host - Rich "Monocacykayak"

July 11
    Lowes Wharf and Poplar Island for rockfish, croakers, bluefish and perch with occasional redfish
    Host - Coop1486 and MOC

August 8
    Mattawoman Creek for snakeheads, catfish, bass, perch, with occasional carp
    Host - Redfish12

September 12 (11-13)
    CBKA Tournament (Like a super meet and greet) at Camp Wright for rockfish, perch, bluefish and blue crabs
    Host - MOC, Redfish12, Chexone, John Foley, and Ryan "Shady"

October 10
    Fort Smallwood on the Patapsco River and the Chesapeake Bay for rockfish, perch - Cancel due to weather
    Host - Harry "On the Fly"

November 14
    Berverly Triton on the Chesapeake Bay for rockfish
    Host - John "SurfDog" and MOC

December 12
    Jonas Green on the Severn River for pickerel
    Host - Mark and John Rentch
    Last edited by moc; 10-17-2015, 10:46 AM.

Thanks for compiling the M&G schedule MOC, and to all of the folks that volunteered to host.

Hopefully someone will make this a "Sticky" for the year.

Looking forward to making as many of these as I can.
    Last edited by Cowpokey; 01-10-2015, 11:14 PM. Reason: OP Updated with dates.
    Hobie fleet:
    2017 Quest 13
    2015 Outback
    2014 Outback

Comment

FYI: These are the second Saturday of each month, except Feb. Dates are not set in stone, as Mother Nature could intervene.
      Last edited by Cowpokey; 01-10-2015, 11:13 PM. Reason: Thanks for updating the OP.
      Hobie fleet:
      2017 Quest 13
      2015 Outback
      2014 Outback

Comment

Is there going to be any changes made to the April M&G?

Susquehanna Jamboree for rockfish, catfish, and bass Host - M. Miller

I see the Susquehanna Flats Kayak Fishing Jamboree is not going to be held this year. I thought the M&G was timed to coincide SFKFJ or is it just our own personal little Jamboree? The SFKFJ announcement of the cancellation recommends anybody wanting to fish to go on the weekend of the April 17-19 as a bunch of people are just going to go fishing Jamboree or not.

Comment

Moc,
          Can we just go ahead and change the m&g for April 17-19 and ask if anyone wants to host it or just leave it up and just have people show up.

Comment

Originally posted by On the fly View Post
            Moc,
            Can we just go ahead and change the m&g for April 17-19 and ask if anyone wants to host it or just leave it up and just have people show up.
            That's what I'm hoping.

Comment

Just got back home and I am catching up on the threads. Since it was unfortunate that the Meet and Greet scheduled at the Susky Jamboree, felled victim to the cancellation of the Jamboree, but there are still some kayakers going to camp and fish that weekend. Regardless we have two choices. One is to continue with the M&G at the Susky, but many may not want go there to camp due to the Jamboree's cancellation, or we can pick another venue and go with the second weekend in April. This is all a volunteer event. Regardless of were it is done, we must SUGGEST and vote on a location that many would like to attend. Then we would need someone to host the event to make it a success. To host the event, all that is required is for the host to set a launch time and information on what species would be available. Making a list of who is going to attend is always helpful. Maybe provide any intel, weather reports, recent fishing reports, etc., and to preferably greet kayakers before the launch time. 2nd duty is to select a restaurant to have lunch and make the arrangements with the restaurant if needed. One location that was mentioned during the January M&G was a location on the Potomac for blue cats, launching from the Virginia side. I cannot remember the name of the place. I am sure there are other locations, or we can keep it at the Susky. Only locations that get a volunteer to host will be voted on or get the nod as the April 2015 M&G.

I will post a separate thread asking for votes and a host. We will see what the Snaggedline community comes up with.

Comment

Suggestions and Host are needed for the April M&G

Thread to list and vote on the April M&G is here:

http://www.snaggedline.com/showthrea...480#post104480

Comment

Ok, the April M&G date has been corrected. It should have been the 18th to begin with since it states that it was suppose to occur at the Jamboree. Thanks.
                  Last edited by moc; 01-21-2015, 11:21 PM.

Comment

July M&G Lowes Wharf Question.

Does anyone know if there is a tenting permitted campground near this event??? I'm needing to burn a few vacation days and want to make a weekend or more out of it. Thanks in advance for the help I'm sure I'll get on this
                    Tom Brown
                    Pro Staff: Balloon FisherKing, Catch 5 Baits, Century Rods, Smith Optics.
                    2012 Hobie PA 14'
                    Ocean Kayak Tident 13
                    2012, 2014, 2015, CBKA Tournament 1st place Crab Div.

Comment

Originally posted by medicyaker View Post
                      Does anyone know if there is a tenting permitted campground near this event??? I'm needing to burn a few vacation days and want to make a weekend or more out of it. Thanks in advance for the help I'm sure I'll get on this
                      Only thing I know semi close is Tuckahoe State Park, It is about 50 minutes away though. Still it gets you down over the bridge and it is a very nice campground with lake attached if you want to mix in some bass fishing on your extended weekend. I used it as a home base to make a trip down to the Blackwater Refuge area and the drive from the Park really wasn't that bad. Lot better than leaving from home.
                      Last edited by DonV; 05-12-2015, 10:19 PM.

Comment

I believe at Lowes Wharf, the Restaurant has motel rooms, since people stay there, but I do not know the cost. As for camp sites, I am not sure. Lowes Wharf, from what I remember is about 90 minutes from the Bay Bridge.

Comment

So the M&G is just that, an opportunity for people new to kayak fishing to come out meet fellow kayakers and perhaps get a few pointers?
                          New to the game but not a rookie!

Comment

You are correct, and do not forget the meet and greet begins with fishing, then it is followed up with a lunch at a local spot. This gives you the opportunity to experience and discover new launch sites, see other yakers in actions and then talk about it afterwards over lunch. Sometimes when the group is large enough, we occasionally do the bucket of lures raffle for fun.

Comment

Originally posted by moc View Post
                              You are correct, and do not forget the meet and greet begins with fishing, then it is followed up with a lunch at a local spot. This gives you the opportunity to experience and discover new launch sites, see other yakers in actions and then talk about it afterwards over lunch. Sometimes when the group is large enough, we occasionally do the bucket of lures raffle for fun.
                              If I have any questions about what are the best type of lures or fresh bait to buy would it be OK to contact you?
                              New to the game but not a rookie!

Comment

Working...
                              X