Heading to the mouth of the bay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heading to the mouth of the bay

Hello, I normally fish out of DE but I have a 3 day weekend coming up on 17 Jan and I really want to get on come fish. With the recent cold front, will the cbbt or Kiptopeke still be productive or should I keep driving south?
    Ride 135 Green
    Big Tuna Orange
    12ft Bote HD
    Outback Blue with Orange Deck

Yes, if you are a marine biologist researching winter fishery in the mouth of the Bay.
    No, if you want to catch and eat a fresh fish.

There were only two fished on the last Saturday at CBBT. Probably none fished at Kipto. ER (Elizabeth River) will be tough if cooling trend continues. Specks won't be active this Sat (Jan 10) because of the cooling trend. If Dominion power plant doesn't put out hot water as used to, ER won't be productive until March-April.

In my case, I will not fish on Jan 17th at CBBT. I may fish for tog on Jan 10 if the weather is good (no wind and air temp is above 27 F). I will be skunked 95%.
    I will try CBBT in the middle of February if the water temp rises to 45F at least.

Joe
    Fish like there's no tomorrow.
    Youtube UserID: ComeOnFish01 (Over 300 kayak fishing videos in mid-Atlantic (DE, MD & VA)
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKb...JtmNcSJBi2Sazg

Comment

HA! Thanks Joe,

My intent has less to do with biological research and is more so leaning to a culinary goal.

If you had 3 days on your hands, how far south would you drive to get on some productive water?

Mike
      Ride 135 Green
      Big Tuna Orange
      12ft Bote HD

Comment

Florida! Whole east coast is in a pretty big deep freeze right now. Gonna screw up fishing for a while. Alternatively, you could drive north and go ice fishing and get plenty of panfish for the skillet
        Hobie Revo 13 carribean blue

My YouTube Channel

Comment

Thanks for the heads up. I am reaching out to some folks in Charleston. It looks like it will almost be 70 on Sunday down there.
          Ride 135 Green
          Big Tuna Orange
          12ft Bote HD

Comment

Working...
          X