DE Tog 1/2-1/3 new PB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DE Tog 1/2-1/3 new PB

Went out twice on a party boat this weekend after my Friday charter was cancelled due to weather. On my first drop of 2015 I got a short tog. After unhooking and releasing that fish I pitched my rig away from the boat and the sinker just kept going.... and going. My braid must've frayed above my leader and it snapped and went sailing. I was retying and watching the guys around me swinging and missing when my buddy hit a nice 6 lber. I got a new rig tied on, dropped down, felt a light scratch scratch and set the hook and the fish pulled back! It swam sideways and bulldogged down to the bottom. With the way my line just broke I was terrified of losing it but I eventually got this fat 10.5 lb female to the net!

I've been chasing a double digit tog for a few years now so it felt amazing to finally get one. The fight was awesome on my lighter action setup and the best part was after the last drop when the capt announced I won the pool I got to release her back to the wreck. We vented her and kept her alive all day in a 120qt cooler with buckets of fresh water when we got to every new spot and she swam right to the bottom after being released.

I finished with 4 keepers but was of course knocked back to reality at the dock when we learned the world record was caught that day to our south. Saturday was rainy and cold and we should've skipped out but were hoping for big things. I got 2 keepers but both were nicer around 5-6 lbs and also caught a wicked cold. With the freeze coming I'm glad we did a double header trip this weekend and I was able to start out 2015 with a pb tog!
    Hobie Revo 13 carribean blue

My YouTube Channel

Nice fish.....congrats on the pb!

Comment

Good Job!
      Keep fishing. Just curious. Do you remember the water temp?

Joe
      Fish like there's no tomorrow.
      Youtube UserID: ComeOnFish01 (Over 300 kayak fishing videos in mid-Atlantic (DE, MD & VA)
      https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKb...JtmNcSJBi2Sazg

Comment

No idea what the water temp was but these fish were COLD when I pulled them up. Probably why the bite was so sluggish even on white crab. We fished in 80-100 FOW

My YouTube Channel

Comment

Great catch! Who did you go out with?

Comment

Congrats! She's a beast!
            Hobie Outback - Orange

Where Land Ends...Life Begins

Comment

Thanks guys! Rehoboth Star

My YouTube Channel

Comment

Thanks for the info Romo! Never heard of that boat. I'ma have to check em out!

Comment

That's a pretty nice photo too.

Comment

Working...
                  X