Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2015 MD striped bass regs

Surprised this hasn't been post yet...

The Maryland Department of Natural Resources announced today that effective 12:01 a.m. January 5, 2015 a new recreational striped bass coastal regulation will go into effect in Maryland coastal waters of the Atlantic Ocean, its coastal bays, and their tributaries. The new 2015 recreational striped bass creel limit will be one (1) striped bass per day per angler. The previous regulation was 2 (two) striped bass per day per angler. All other rules remain the same.
    Last edited by reel-em-in; 01-03-2015, 09:22 PM.

2015 Viking Profish Reload

Guess I need to fish 2x then I was planning too :-)

Comment

Jokes on you DNR. I can't seem to catch 2 anyway.
      Mike

Comment

Originally posted by mweber02 View Post
        Jokes on you DNR. I can't seem to catch 2 anyway.
        LOLOLOL! Now that right there is funny.

Light Tackle Kayak Trolling the Chesapeake Bay, Author
        Light Tackle Kayak Jigging the Chesapeake Bay, Author
        Light Tackle Fishing Patterns of the Chesapeake Bay, Author
        Kokatat Pro Staff
        Torqeedo Pro Staff
        Humminbird Pro Staff

2011 Ivory Dune Outback and 2018 Solo Skiff
        Alan

Comment

Originally posted by Yak Fish View Post
          LOLOLOL! Now that right there is funny.
          +1 ROFL!

Interesting change. I really thought that they were going to change the size limit as well. Surprised that they kept it at 18"
          -Mustafa
          ابو مسقوف AbuMasgouf (Aboo-Mas-goof ): Fish Roast Papa
          2016 Hobie Outback
          2012 Hobie Revolution 13
          "Be humble to whomever you learn from and whomever you teach."-- Imam al-Sadiq (as)

Comment

Coastal size limit is 28".....I havent heard of the Chesapeake Bay official striper 2015 regs yet.

Comment

I'm curious if they adjusted commercial limits as well. I don't mind the new limit as I rarely kept 2 anyways, but I'd like to think that everyone is adjusting their take, not just recreational fisherman. Charter Captain's can't be happy with this news.
              Mike
              Pro Angler 14 "The Grand Wazoo"

Comment

Originally posted by whenican View Post
                Coastal size limit is 28".....I havent heard of the Chesapeake Bay official striper 2015 regs yet.
                I believe this is the official striper regs. Same size limits as last year but only one allowed per day. It says it applies to the ocean, bays, and tributaries

Comment

+1^ Is the size still 28"? Is the bay still 18-28"

Comment

PUBLIC NOTICE
                    The Maryland Department of Natural Resources
                    Fisheries Service
                    2015 Atlantic Coast Recreational Striped Bass Creel Limit Modification

State waters of the Atlantic Ocean, its coastal bays, and their tributaries

The Secretary of Maryland Department of Natural Resources, pursuant to Code of Maryland Regulation 08.02.15.12H, announces the modification of the recreational creel limit for striped bass in the State waters of the Atlantic Ocean, its coastal bays, and their tributaries. Effective 12:01 a.m. Monday, January 5, 2015, a person may not take or possess more than one striped bass per day from those waters. All other rules remain the same.

Joseph P. Gill
                    Secretary
                    Maryland Department of Natural Resources

I pretty sure there hasn't been any change to the Chessy waters/tribs yet - but hopefully soon. The reduction rate for the ocean/coastal bays and the Chessy was separate. I'm sure all rec's trolling the ocean out there right now will be crying tomorrow, but it's a needed change that's overdue.
                    Brian

Comment

The bay regulation changes are coming and expect 2 fish, 20-28" with one over 28". There may be some additional changes to trophy season and the C&R season. The commercial size limit will still be 18" min.
                      Hobie Local Fishing Team - Backyard Boats
                      Locations in Annapolis, MD and Woodbridge, VA
                      https://www.backyardboats.com/

Comment

Good to know the Chesapeake is different. I guess it really doesn't have much of an effect on me since I think I've only ever kept 3 fish. I'm pretty much a C&R guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Redfish12 View Post
                          The commercial size limit will still be 18" min.
                          ...<insert comment here>
                          -Mustafa
                          ابو مسقوف AbuMasgouf (Aboo-Mas-goof ): Fish Roast Papa
                          2016 Hobie Outback
                          2012 Hobie Revolution 13
                          "Be humble to whomever you learn from and whomever you teach."-- Imam al-Sadiq (as)

Comment

I had heard of unofficial possibilities of changed regs for Ches Bay & Potomac &their tribs but nothing official. I'm all for tough major changes in rec & comm regs to beef up the population as was proposed by MD CCA but that probably wont happen.

Comment

Hopefully the NE states and the wintering ground states of NC and VA follow suit
                              Hobie Revo 13 carribean blue

My YouTube Channel

Comment

Working...
                              X