Going to the er for the first time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going to the er for the first time

Tomorrow and sunday I'll be fishing the Elizabeth river for the first time. I am a lifelong trout fisherman from louisiana so I know ho to find and catch the fish if they are present I have done my research and I am asking if anyone has been there recently and if the fish are in the river only because of the hot water discharge or is the hot water discharge just a gathering area. I'm also asking if anyone else will be there this weekend.
    Thanks, Collin
    Olive Hobie Revo 13

Let us know how you do... I was looking at going next weekend or the one after
    John Hostalka

Delaware Paddlesports and
    Hobie Fishing team member

2018 Camo Hobie Outback
    2015 Hobie Outback

Comment

How'd it go?

Comment

Originally posted by mebe007 View Post
        How'd it go?
        Ended up not going because of rain and wind forcast. Sucks because i was really looking forward to some trophy trout. In louisiana we have numbers with a creel limit of 25 and a size limit of 12 but fish over 24 are rare down home.
        Olive Hobie Revo 13

Comment

I want to try and get out there soon weather permitting. Try and get at least one last go around before it's done as I heard they are mothballing the plant

Comment

The discharge is off BTW. Dominion shut it down. This is the first year of there not being any hot water from the plant. Im pretty sure we will be seeing a lot of dead/ cold shocked trout soon. Hopefully not as bad as last year.
            Interstate Kayak Fishing

Comment

Yeah I heard they only intermittently ran 1 boiler this year and was to be shut down by early 2015 plant to be mothballed by 2016.

Comment

I doubt it will get cold enough this winter to kill any or many speckled trout.It's the best place to fish for winter speckled trout from a kayak this far north that I've fished.
                Last edited by Capt. Nick; 01-22-2015, 06:59 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X