Wilson bridge kitty mission

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wilson bridge kitty mission

Wanted guaranteed pullage, so hit the Wilson bridge today from late morning to early afternoon. Thank god for GPS, it was a little foggy out there...

I started off on one of the pylons of the bridge and had a pretty steady pick of 18-21" eaters, kept four for the cooler and left biting fish to find bigger fish...

Well I found the bigger fish but the score ended up big cats 2 - Shady 0. I had two big ones on that easily broke my 30# leader. Stepped up to a 60# leader and of course no more bites.

Oh well all's well that ends well...

Saw three other guys out there on kayaks and exchanged waves through the fog, was that anyone one here?
    Ryan
    Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
    Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Nice work on the cats and even better work on the filleting. Were you worried about the ferries that go through the channels not seeing you in the fog?

Comment

Yes, but I stayed out of the channel for the most part
      Ryan
      Blue 2016 Hobie Outback

Comment

Blackened Blue cat with avocado and green pepper salsa and baked sweet potato
        10848714_10101864354276065_5778694391319387441_o.jpg
        Ryan
        Blue 2016 Hobie Outback

Comment

Nice catch, I need to get back out there. There is so much debri down there 40 pound leader is the minimum I will go. I still have yet to keep one from there. No one has grown a third arm from eating them so maybe I will give it a try. Just maybe.
          Jim

Hobie Outback
          TKAA member
          Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers inc.

Everyone should believe in something... I believe I'll go fishing.

Comment

Where do you launch to get to the bridge?
            Drew

Yellow Pompano 12
            Lime Slayer 10

Comment

Jones point park is directly under the bridge.
              Ryan
              Blue 2016 Hobie Outback

Comment

Originally posted by Rockchaser View Post
                Nice catch, I need to get back out there. There is so much debri down there 40 pound leader is the minimum I will go. I still have yet to keep one from there. No one has grown a third arm from eating them so maybe I will give it a try. Just maybe.
                I think they grow so fast a 20"r hasnt lived long enough to absorb too much toxins, but still avoid the belly meat...
                This was actually the first time I've kept them from there. If they're good enough for Jeff Little and Dave Thompson, they're good enough for me...

I still wouldn't keep them from blue plains....
                Last edited by Shady; 12-29-2014, 06:35 PM.
                Ryan
                Blue 2016 Hobie Outback

Comment

Working...
                X