Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Last Trip to CBBT/ER Planning on Fri or Sat (Dec 26 or 27)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Last Trip to CBBT/ER Planning on Fri or Sat (Dec 26 or 27)

OK, here is the plan as I mentioned on some of PM.

I know some of our members wanted to try CBBT and ER. I am planning to go to CBBT and ER (if we have the time) on Friday (Dec 26)or Saturday (Dec 27) depending on the wind.

For those who bring paddle kayaks, I think I will pick the day with mild wind for CBBT. Or the day we all can fish together.
    Please reply to this thread if you are interested in so that we all can communicate together.

I will bring two sets of tackles for CBBT and ER.
    I will post more info if anyone is coming.

The slack tides at CBBT are (below). It will be easy to fish for 2 hours around the slack tide

26 (Friday) - 07:50 AM and 02:30 PM
    27 (Saturday) - 08:50 AM and 03:30 PM

Thank you.
    Joe
    Last edited by ComeOnFish; 12-23-2014, 08:53 AM.
    Fish like there's no tomorrow.
    Youtube UserID: ComeOnFish01 (Over 300 kayak fishing videos in mid-Atlantic (DE, MD & VA)
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKb...JtmNcSJBi2Sazg

Wx is looking good. Hmmmmm...........
    2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
    2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
    2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

Joe, I will meet you down there. Will be down both days. Any help with tog rigs and bait would be helpful. I'll search the forum and see what I can come up with.

Comment

Originally posted by echo5oscar View Post
        Joe, I will meet you down there. Will be down both days. Any help with tog rigs and bait would be helpful. I'll search the forum and see what I can come up with.
        Echo5Oscar,
        Thanks for replying to this thread instead of using PM. Now I can explain with Pic and Videos if needed.

I am responding with 4 posts because there is one video per post limit and different contents,
        Here is the basic tog rig at 00:30 on the video.
        • I like the length between sinker and the loop for the hook 7 " at CBBT.
        • Hook size can be 3/0 - 4/0 depending on the bait. I am using a 4/0 for a whole shrimp. If you bring 4 rigs with 3/0 and 4 rigs with 4/0 that should be enough for a day at CBBT.
        • Now I use cheap Eagle Claw hooks for Tog.
        • I used to make a dropper loop for the hook. But now I make overhand knots for speed for all three loops on the rig.
        • I don't use blue crab any more because a whole shrimp out-performs.

Last edited by ComeOnFish; 12-24-2014, 06:34 AM.
        Youtube UserID: ComeOnFish01 (Over 300 kayak fishing videos in mid-Atlantic (DE, MD & VA)

Comment

The cheap Eagle Hooks at 01:56.
          The model # is shown on the video. I get them at Wal-mart.

Comment

I use double overhand knots for all loops on the tog rig - because it is fast to make. Strong enough for togs
            Last edited by ComeOnFish; 12-24-2014, 06:27 AM.

Comment

Echo5Oscar,

I use an additional 3-5' 40-50# test mono leader between main line (50# test braided) and the swivel. This additional leader takes beating against barnacles and rocks.

I buy shrimp (head on 60-70 counts or 50-60 counts) for now about 20 will be more than enough. Call ocean East 2 and Long Bay. Long Bay should have live green crab and hermit crab.

Ask other members for how to bait green crab and hermit crab. Don't forget to bring a kitchen scissors to cut crabs. The bait stores should have cheap but good ones.

Do you have a proper rod and reel combo?

Joe
              Last edited by ComeOnFish; 12-24-2014, 07:09 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the info. I've got a couple rod/reel set-ups that will work.

Do you have any idea when you want to meet up?

Comment

Originally posted by echo5oscar View Post
                  Thanks for the info. I've got a couple rod/reel set-ups that will work.
                  Do you have any idea when you want to meet up?
                  Man, you are from Joppa, north of Baltimore? Will you be around VA beach before 26th?

Based on PMs, I shouldn't decide right now. But they have the adequate Info , and tomorrow I won't have internet access readily all day.

As of now, Friday looks real good (less wind).

Let's plan to do it on Friday.

I will be there at 7:00AM at Buoy 44 on FRIDAY. As the water temp drops it is getting tough everyday. If you can, buy 3 Dozens of green crabs. I have 21 shrimp for me.
                  Bring two 2 - 2.5 Oz jig and a few 7" rat-tail soft lures for stripers (stripers are backup)
                  I am bringing 3, 4, 5, and 6 OZ sinkers, because I use a whole shrimp (more drag when I drop the rig). I think I will use 4 most. But it depends on the skill level. Tufnik uses 2 OZ sinkers. At CBBT we don't loose sinker that much.

Do you have a Hobie with a pedal? If not, bring an heavy anchor with a 70' line if you have. I will bring a rope to connect your bow handle and my anchor trolley line if we find a good hole and the current is too strong. We will be on both sides of a bridge column by doing.....(legally)

I am bringing Speck tackles for ER as backup.

I sent you my phone number on a PM. please feel free to call me any time.

Joe
                  Last edited by ComeOnFish; 12-24-2014, 05:06 PM.

Comment

Yep, north of Baltimore! I won't be down there until early Friday morning. I can pick up some crabs. I've already got the jig heads and plastics sorted and loaded, as well as speck gear and tackle.

I have an outback, no anchor needed.

I pm'd my number as well. See you Friday.

Comment

Let us know how you do. I'd love to join you guys but my schedule likely won't be open until early January. Joe-I'm still looking at an ER trip the weekend of the 10-11 or 17-19.
                      John Hostalka

Delaware Paddlesports and
                      Hobie Fishing team member

2018 Camo Hobie Outback
                      2015 Hobie Outback

Comment

John,
                        As of now I can fish both weekend.

We will fish CBBT Friday. I hope we can find a couple of good holes.

Joe

Comment

Originally posted by ComeOnFish View Post
                          John,
                          As of now I can fish both weekend.

We will fish CBBT Friday. I hope we can find a couple of good holes.

Joe
                          I will be down there Friday and Saturday. Oceans east had no crabs. You know of any other places that sell crab?

Im taking er gear as well.

Danny
                          The best time spent is time that doesn't feel like it was spent at all. When it's worth it you'll give everything to do it all over again no matter what the cost.

Comment

Originally posted by dson05 View Post
                            I will be down there Friday and Saturday. Oceans east had no crabs. You know of any other places that sell crab?

Im taking er gear as well.

Danny
                            Try Long Bay in LynHaven.

Long Bay Pointe Bait and Tackle
                            2109 West Great Neck Road
                            Virginia Beach, VA 23451
                            Open today5:00 am – 9:00 pm
                            (757) 481-7517

I will be driving 3-7 AM call me

joe
                            Last edited by ComeOnFish; 12-25-2014, 09:39 PM.

Comment

Working...
                            X