Discount hmmmmm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Discount hmmmmm

Now through January 31, 2015, Marylanders who have not bought an annual nontidal or tidal fishing license since 2011 will automatically enjoy a 50% discount on their fishing license purchase.

It's as simple as logging into the DNR Compass Licensing System or visiting a DNR Service Center or tackle shop to buy a 2015 license. The discount is automatic, but only through January 31, 2015.

The promotion is designed to encourage anglers to return to Maryland waters and enjoy the excellent fishing the state has to offer.

Fishing is one of the best values in life, promoting quality time in nature with friends and family.

For a limited time, the already low cost of entry is just 50% better.

Welcome Back.

they should have a loyalty discount for buying it so many years in a row too...
    Ryan
    Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
    Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

I received this today as well. Not sure how I feel about a discount for people who haven't contributed to maintaining the resource. How about a 50 percent discount for keeping my license for the past 30 plus years? Or better yet lower the fees for everyone to encourage people to buy the license and be legal instead of playing a very easy game to win of dodge the DNR.
      Mike
      Pro Angler 14 "The Grand Wazoo"

Comment

I emailed them back after I got this which stated " how about rewarding your loyal anglers " I doubt if I get a response, but it cant hurt to ask. So let me get this right. If you have not purchased a fishing license since 2011 (3 years ) you are going to dangle a carrot with the 50% off to get them back. Maybe we should get MD and PA talking to get there out of state fees lower. I have a lot of friends in both states that don't cross the line due to the price of the license.

Comment

It says on DNR Compass that it's only for non-tidal, which is something to keep in mind additionally. It appears that the Bay and Coastal fishing remains the same.
          J

Comment

Originally posted by Brian View Post
            I emailed them back after I got this which stated " how about rewarding your loyal anglers " I doubt if I get a response, but it cant hurt to ask. So let me get this right. If you have not purchased a fishing license since 2011 (3 years ) you are going to dangle a carrot with the 50% off to get them back. Maybe we should get MD and PA talking to get there out of state fees lower. I have a lot of friends in both states that don't cross the line due to the price of the license.
            The PA/MD thing is PA's fault. MD charges the same fee that an out of state resident's state charges a MD resident. I agree though. I'm originally from PA and would love it if it wasn't so expensive to fish when I go home to visit.

2015 Viking Profish Reload

Comment

I saw this part posted last night with the discount info on "Maryland Fishing" Facebook page which is run by MD DNR.

"This is the first year of a three year pilot program. Subsequent years will feature rewards for those that have continued to support the program loyally."
              Kevin Markland
              @k.markland
              https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrK...XAJGcn9VEYDG2w

2015 Wildy ATAK- Flint Camo
              2014 Perception Pescador 12- Sand

Comment

I HATE paying for fishing licenses. PA infuriates me with their trout stocking and trout stamp EXTORTION. I have to buy at least 4 licenses every year- PA, NJ, DE and MD- and then last year had to buy NY and ME. I never, EVER see a game warden when I am fully licensed but did get shanked in PA a couple years ago for not having a license on like January 3rd fishing for walleye on a freezing cold night. I havent seen a warden at that spot before or since.
                Hobie Revo 13 carribean blue

My YouTube Channel

Comment

I've bought a Potomac River Fisheries Commission licence for the last 10 years for fishing TIDAL WATER. Cheaper than MD or VA and is good for TIDAL WATER in either state. It used to be $15 but for 2015 the fee has been raised for non-residents of either MD or VA - that means me - to $22.50. Residents remain $15. If you own a boat a boat license is available that covers anyone fishing with you and an individual license is included for the owner. That is the one I bought until I sold my boat last spring as it eliminates the hassle of your guests purchasing individually for what may be a single trip. Now with the discount I may purchase a MD license for 2015. Thanks for the heads-up.
                  HOBIE: 2012 PA-14 (Dune) & 2013 PA-14 (Yellow)

Comment

Here is the link to the face book page I am Surprised that I received a reply from The DNR. So they are listening to us https://www.facebook.com/MDDNRFisher..._t=photo_reply

Here is my reply Copied and pasted from Facebook

Jeff Edwards
                    Thanks for not giving the people discounts that buy one every year. Maybe I will skip buying my Maryland license and fish somewhere else. New Jersey's salt license is free. Better than that. I will buy a Virginia license and fish MD with it since there is a reciprocal agreement. Then you can have nothing.

Where is My discount ??????

Like · Reply · 1 · 13 hours ago

Thomas J. O'Connell
                    VA just approved a $5 increase to their tidal license beginning 2015. That puts VA license at $22.50 compared to MD's $15. Believe me, I share in your interest for a loyalty program. It is something Fisheries Service believes in doing to thank those who have continually purchased a license and funded the conservation and management of MD fisheries. Legislative authority to offer a discount to loyal customers is lacking but is being discussed. Would enjoy hearing about ideas for a loyalty program - how many consecutive years (eg 5, 10, other?), should there be a license discount, opportunity to win a great fishing trip, tackle, etc?

Like · 3 hours ago

Jeff Edwards I would suggest 5 years for the loyalty program . I have purchased the Bay license now saltwater license every year since it's inception. Also Make it available to residents and non residents. I am no longer a resident but still own my property in MD.
                    While you are at it change the fishing License year from 1/1 -12/31 to 1 year from date of purchase like Virginia and North Carolina do. So we wont have the mad rush at the license agents in the spring for a license. I know I can and have purchase online but prefer to purchase from my license from a local tackle shop when the lines are not to long.
                    Last edited by plastic boat; 12-23-2014, 01:03 PM.

Comment

I have never sweated the prices of fishing licenses (currently I have DC, MD, PA, VA, WV and yearly permits for Black Hill and the WSSC lakes). I can spend that much at Tackle Warehouse in under 5 minutes.
                      Dave

Wilderness Systems Ride 115

Comment

I'm going to look into a PA license if it isn't too expensive.
                        Last year I bought the MD fresh water, MD tidal/bay thing.
                        WSSC permit, and
                        DC license.

Comment

It's not the price of the license it's the point that a select few would be getting a discount while the rest of us that by a license every year pay the full price. I don't mind buying a license I have enough (NY,NJ,VA, saltwater, DE fresh and salt combined , MD fresh and salt and crabbing and NC fresh and salt licenses). I just think if some people get a discount then we all need to be eligible for the same discount.

This is something Comcast or Verizon would do. New customers get there service at a discounted price while a good customer they had for years pays full price. No Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by plastic boat View Post
                            It's not the price of the license it's the point that a select few would be getting a discount while the rest of us that by a license every year pay the full price. I don't mind buying a license I have enough (NY,NJ,VA, saltwater, DE fresh and salt combined , MD fresh and salt and crabbing and NC fresh and salt licenses). I just think if some people get a discount then we all need to be eligible for the same discount.

This is something Comcast or Verizon would do. New customers get there service at a discounted price while a good customer they had for years pays full price. No Thanks
                            Believe me I get that. When I first heard of that promotion my initial reaction was the same. It just seems that when I got into kayak fishing back in 1991 I had no idea the stream of cash that continues to flow in support of that endeavor would be so wide!
                            Dave

Wilderness Systems Ride 115

Comment

north carolina has a lifetime license option.
                              Cuda 14
                              Big tuna

Comment

Working...
                              X