Good Tog and Mean Santa - Dec 20, 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Tog and Mean Santa - Dec 20, 2014

I arrived at the CBBT launch at 09:30 AM. When I was about to launch the kayak, two snagged-liners showed up.
    We caught many togs up to 22".

Fishing Log:
    Last edited by ComeOnFish; 12-21-2014, 02:46 PM.
    Fish like there's no tomorrow.
    Youtube UserID: ComeOnFish01 (Over 300 kayak fishing videos in mid-Atlantic (DE, MD & VA)
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKb...JtmNcSJBi2Sazg

Very nice!
    Hobie fleet:
    2017 Quest 13
    2015 Outback
    2014 Outback

Comment

Ho, ho, ho,...nice work, and glad to see Santa is a merry togger. What was the water temp?
      2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
      2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
      2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

Merry fishmas! Those are some very nice presents!

Mobile

Outback 2015
        Maui

Comment

Joe, I messaged a called you a couple of times haha. Maybe i got the wrong number.

I am still confused about the launch location. I was there today, but couldn't figure out where we could actually launch from because the beach is lined with a lot of houses and stores. Where do you park and launch? Seems like you meet a lot of of snagged liners so you guys are parking in the same vicinity. I cam up next to the restaurant looking building to the right of the bridge by driving through some neighborhoods. I did see a beach access, but there was no sure parking anywhere. I didn't want to come back to see my car gone cause I was the only there it seemed like. I went to kipto and while crossing the bridge saw no one on the beaches around 6:30 ish.

Any help would be great. I plan on going back out next friday. Thanks again.

I tried out ER, but there was no action for anyone it seemed like and Top Rack Marina is a horrible place to launch from. I was told to launch to the right of the deli and there is a rock wall that looks like the CHSP inner wall and I had a pain going down an up after fishing. I wouln't recommend that place to anyone if that is in fact the only launch site there.

Originally posted by ComeOnFish View Post
          I arrived at the CBBT launch at 09:30 AM. When I was about to launch the kayak, two snagged-liners showed up.
          We caught many togs up to 22".

Fishing Log:
          The best time spent is time that doesn't feel like it was spent at all. When it's worth it you'll give everything to do it all over again no matter what the cost.

Comment

Originally posted by tufnik View Post
            Ho, ho, ho,...nice work, and glad to see Santa is a merry togger. What was the water temp?
            Top water temp was 42-43F. I think the water temp on the bottom was higher.

Joe
            Youtube UserID: ComeOnFish01 (Over 300 kayak fishing videos in mid-Atlantic (DE, MD & VA)

Comment

Originally posted by dson05 View Post
              Joe, I messaged a called you a couple of times haha. Maybe i got the wrong number.

I am still confused about the launch location. I was there today, but couldn't figure out where we could actually launch from because the beach is lined with a lot of houses and stores. Where do you park and launch? Seems like you meet a lot of of snagged liners so you guys are parking in the same vicinity. I cam up next to the restaurant looking building to the right of the bridge by driving through some neighborhoods. I did see a beach access, but there was no sure parking anywhere. I didn't want to come back to see my car gone cause I was the only there it seemed like. I went to kipto and while crossing the bridge saw no one on the beaches around 6:30 ish.

Any help would be great. I plan on going back out next friday. Thanks again.

I tried out ER, but there was no action for anyone it seemed like and Top Rack Marina is a horrible place to launch from. I was told to launch to the right of the deli and there is a rock wall that looks like the CHSP inner wall and I had a pain going down an up after fishing. I wouln't recommend that place to anyone if that is in fact the only launch site there.
              Danny,
              Sorry to hear that you couldn't fish. Next time let's make an arrangement before the trip.
              My phone was packed in a water proof box when I fish. So I couldn't hear the ring tone. I have a new smart phone (too smart for not-so-smart person), and this morning I figured out how to check incoming messages.

Kipto is out from my fish calendar after the first weekend of December, I think.

CBBT Launch:

Buoy 44 Seafood Grill
              4536 Ocean View Avenue
              Virginia Beach, VA 23455

Street Parking only. Park on the sides (unpaved) of the public streets. Common sense parking here. Do not block the entrances of drive ways.
              A few times, I parked a few blocks away from the launch because there was no room left.
              The paths between houses are public beach access. You will see multiple paths starting from Buoy 44.
              We usually launch between Buoy 44 and the parking lot (Buoy 44 parking lot). You can drop and load kayak there, and park the vehicle on the sides of any streets legally.

ER Launch:
              I used Top Rack Marina when Chesapeake Yachts Inc blocked the access from its ramp. Chesapeake Yachts Inc reopened the ramp.

Chesapeake Yachts Inc
              1700 Shipyard Road
              Chesapeake, VA 23323
              (757) 487-9100

If the office is closed (usually on weekend/night). Use your envelop. Put down on the envelop the following Info:

"New" - indicates that you are there first time.
              Vehicle Model
              Vehicle Color
              Your Name
              Your Cell Phone Number
              License Plate #

put $10.00 in the envelop.
              Next time stop by office.
              Drive very slowly and park properly. They can ban you if they don't like you, I heard.

Please Call the office now for more info such as extended fishing period.

My plan
              I am planning to hit CBBT on Dec 27 (Sat). Sunday if the wind is too strong.

I am not planning on ER unless someone wants to fish ER. ER is a backup when the wind forecast is wrong.

If you want to fish ER at night, plan to be there by 02:00 PM so that you can see the possible fishing area for night fishing. Many boaters and yakers don't use head lamps while fishing. They think lights will spook the fish. you may get yelled at if you are continuously use a head lamp. Not a big deal.

But you still want to use the white light (anchor light for boats)) so you can be seen. Some yakers don't even use the white light while trolling.

Joe

Comment

Awesome! You have me wishing my dry suit wasn't out for leak repair so I could be out fishing !
                Brian

Comment

Originally posted by Goody View Post
                  Merry fishmas! Those are some very nice presents!

Mobile
                  LOL! Cracked me up!
                  -Mustafa
                  ابو مسقوف AbuMasgouf (Aboo-Mas-goof ): Fish Roast Papa
                  2016 Hobie Outback
                  2012 Hobie Revolution 13
                  "Be humble to whomever you learn from and whomever you teach."-- Imam al-Sadiq (as)

Comment

Originally posted by AbuMasgouf View Post
                    LOL! Cracked me up!
                    The good thing about wearing the Santa costume was that I get to hug and kiss anyone. Though I still like hugging frisky fish over anything.

Yes we caught some larger ones (few 22 inches). We caught more than 30 combined I think.

Joe

Comment

Nice vid, and glad to see Pinch back on the water
                      Ryan
                      Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
                      Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

Originally posted by Shady View Post
                        Nice vid, and glad to see Pinch back on the water
                        Yup. It was very nice to meet them.

There was a video here showing how much fun we had. The video was destroyed due to a technical glitch or North Korea's cyber attack.

Joe
                        Last edited by ComeOnFish; 12-23-2014, 06:49 AM.

Comment

I mean we only fished together all day and had dinner. It's cool Joe.

Disclaimer - - KIDDING. I'm kidding
                          Last edited by Slap; 12-22-2014, 10:20 PM.

Comment

Lol and nice seeing Santa and Matt on there too...
                            Ryan
                            Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
                            Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

The first two informants who identified the culprits were Shady and Slap.
                              They won dinners at Fuji Yama.

Joe
                              Last edited by ComeOnFish; 12-23-2014, 07:55 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X