No announcement yet.

Deep Drop Trip Report Sat 20 Dec

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just woke up... if it wasn't for the pounds and pounds of BSB in the freezer, I wouldn't know if it was a dream or if we really did go on that 28-hour (including driving) deep drop adventure. It's all a blur... a damn good blur.

Always awesome to fish with the SnaggedLine crew. Can't wait till next year!
    Mike S.
    Hobie Outback
    Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers
    3D Printed Hobie Hatch Bucket

Comment

Originally posted by AbuMasgouf View Post
      Very simple. In a mortar and pestle I smashed 4 large cloves of Garlic, added 5 tablespoons of butter, salt, and chopped Cilantro. Mash them all together and mix them well.

Debone the BSB and score the outside then salt and pepper lightly. Stuff the butter mixture inside the BSB and smother the outside as well. Bake in a 350 degree oven until done (about 30-40 mins). If you want a crisper top skin, you can broil it for the last 5 mins or so.
      I assumed you cooked it covered in foil for the 30 mins?

Comment

Originally posted by moc View Post
        I assumed you cooked it covered in foil for the 30 mins?
        No, on the baking tray and open. It won't dry out because of all the butter.
        -Mustafa
        ابو مسقوف AbuMasgouf (Aboo-Mas-goof ): Fish Roast Papa
        2016 Hobie Outback
        2012 Hobie Revolution 13
        "Be humble to whomever you learn from and whomever you teach."-- Imam al-Sadiq (as)

Comment

Nice fishing fellas! Moc that BSB is huuuggeee! WTG on the citation.

Comment

Very simple. In a mortar and pestle I smashed 4 large cloves of Garlic, added 5 tablespoons of butter, salt, and chopped Cilantro. Mash them all together and mix them well.

Debone the BSB and score the outside then salt and pepper lightly. Stuff the butter mixture inside the BSB and smother the outside as well. Bake in a 350 degree oven until done (about 30-40 mins). If you want a crisper top skin, you can broil it for the last 5 mins or so.
            How do you debone it?
            2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
            2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
            2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

Originally posted by tufnik View Post
              How do you debone it?
              Similar to how I clean it for Masgouf but I take out the spine and ribs. Sometimes I'll leave the ribs in if the fish is small because a lot of meat can be lost, so it's much better to leave them in and pull them out after its cooked. But I'd be happy to show you how I do it.
              -Mustafa
              2016 Hobie Outback
              2012 Hobie Revolution 13
              "Be humble to whomever you learn from and whomever you teach."-- Imam al-Sadiq (as)

Comment

Similar to how I clean it for Masgouf but I take out the spine and ribs. Sometimes I'll leave the ribs in if the fish is small because a lot of meat can be lost, so it's much better to leave them in and pull them out after its cooked. But I'd be happy to show you how I do it.
                Ah, I see. The fish looks seamless in the pic; can't tell you sliced it and closed it back up. Ok, Dr. Abu..lol....
                2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
                2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
                2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

Originally posted by tufnik View Post
                  Ah, I see. The fish looks seamless in the pic; can't tell you sliced it and closed it back up. Ok, Dr. Abu..lol....
                  LOL! At your service!

It was the angle of the picture
                  -Mustafa
                  2016 Hobie Outback
                  2012 Hobie Revolution 13

Comment

man that look fun, well last fishing trip was 3 weekend of oct and went out of ocean city party boat and got about 11 seabass keepers, many smalls, got my a porgy, and this shark that i threw into the air went about 40 yards. I might try one of those in spring around march when we get warmer weather. Too cold now when will spring come i hope phill will say spring coming early this year be so cool.

Comment

Working...
                    X