Winter trout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winter trout

I was off Friday and had a few hours to kill in the afternoon so I hit a new trout stream in search of native browns. After 3-4 miles of hiking I found one but wasn't impressed with the stream so went to a stocked lake nearby. Threw a tiny kastmaster into 30mph wind gusts in my face and miraculously connected to a nice fat stocked brown trout. I bailed after that because of the wind. Trout fishing in the winter beats not fishing at all and the stocked browns are tasty. I am planning to take a local wintertime kayaking trip tomorrow for some crappies/perch/bass.

Hobie Revo 13 carribean blue

My YouTube Channel

Scrapped the kayaking idea because it was still 30 degrees by 9 am. Went searching for the elusive schuylkill brown trout today and amazingly lost a fat 17-18" fish right at my feet as it thrashed on my 5th or so cast. An hour later I did hit a nicely colored 14 incher. Stopped at a creek that hadn't been stocked since October on my way home and hit a skinny little rainbow. Always nice to catch some fish on cold December days. My original plan was to hit a lake but with light winds the past 36 hours and below freezing temps it was frozen this morning

Hobie Revo 13 carribean blue

My YouTube Channel

Comment

Nice Romo. Trout fishing is my favorite winter pass time with my boys (too young for kayaking).
      -Mustafa
      ابو مسقوف AbuMasgouf (Aboo-Mas-goof ): Fish Roast Papa
      2016 Hobie Outback
      2012 Hobie Revolution 13
      "Be humble to whomever you learn from and whomever you teach."-- Imam al-Sadiq (as)

Comment

Beautiful fish! Nice work
        John Hostalka

Delaware Paddlesports and
        Hobie Fishing team member

2018 Camo Hobie Outback
        2015 Hobie Outback

Comment

Working...
        X