Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any advice on kayak fishing in Florida? Guides/Charters?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any advice on kayak fishing in Florida? Guides/Charters?

Need your help guys. And thought I'd start with a community that I know.

Wondering if anyone has any good advice on kayak fishing charters in Florida. I'm planing a fishing trip at the end of January, and wondering where in Florida would be the best place for some kayak fishing. Also if anyone knows a good kayak fishing guide, let me know.

If there is a place around Miami that'd be great, but willing to go anywhere as long as there is good fishing.

I have fished many times with Neil Taylor of Strike Three Kayak Fishing charters in the Tampa area. His prices are reasonable, he provides all gear, and is a good teacher and fisherman. Several Snaggedline members will fish with Neil in mid-Jan. http://www.strikethreekayakfishing.c...s/default.aspx.
    John Veil
    Annapolis
    Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

To me FL is the best places for the kayak fishing.
      It doesn't matter where you are staying. It takes less than 1.5 hours from Eastern FL to the Western FL. Google kayak in FL. Call Kayak rentals for fishing.
      The most of kayaks are good. But if you are fishing in mangroves. Youmake sure that you come back to the launch. All mangroves Islands look alike. Take pictures of the back of the buoys or structures when you move forward from the launch. or have a GPS.

If you are using live shrimp, invest for the Plano trolling bucket.

I like the Gulf side. I like areas from Tempa Bay to Punta Gorda (comparing to the inter-coastal water way on the East). I had a good time in Peace River catching Alligator Gar and Spanish Mackerel. I had good time in Captiva Island, lady fish, and reds. I got scared of Bull sharks. If you are willing to travel 100 miles a day, start from Punta Gorda. There are many kayak rentals for Eco-trip people.

If you don't have rods and reels. Buy some cheap stuffs at K or Wall mart and give them to local kids.

There are many kayak rental places. The kayak rentals and locals will tell you what and how to do it.

I buy cheap twines to tether rods and tackle bag and stuff.

joe
      Last edited by ComeOnFish; 12-19-2014, 06:45 PM.
      Fish like there's no tomorrow.
      Youtube UserID: ComeOnFish01 (Over 300 kayak fishing videos in mid-Atlantic (DE, MD & VA)
      https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKb...JtmNcSJBi2Sazg

Comment

Went with captain Jason stock of JM Snooky charters last January and had a blast catching gator trout and a nice red too. He is centered in the Bradenton, Tampa area.
        Ryan
        Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
        Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

http://www.snaggedline.com/showthrea...ll-Red-1-27-14
          Ryan
          Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
          Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

Thanks guys. looks like i'll look into tampa more.

Comment

Working...
            X