Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The other post announcing the meet and greet has grown long and has some side tracks. I started this new post to get an idea of who plans to come to fish and who plans to come for lunch at 1:00. I listed the RSVP data I have through Tues morning. If you change your plans and want to join or need to drop out, please let me know.

The weather for Sat (at least 4 days out) is supposed to be partly cloudy, no rain, cool temperatures, and moderate wind. High tide in the Severn is at 10:10 am.

Pickerel are biting in most of the Severn tributaries that are reachable from Jonas Green, Tucker St, and Truxton Park. I will be at Jonas Green between 7:00 and 7:30 to give local orientation and pickerel fishing tips to those launching.

Name Fishing Lunch
    J.A. Veil
    Scott Taylor
    X
    X
    X
    X
    Mark X X
    MD Dore
    moc
    X
    X
    X
    X
    Raptor
    Fishinfool
    X X
    X
    coop1486 X X
    DaveO X
    jaspratt X X
    jaspratt guest X
    bunnielab X X
    jrentch X
    silasvirus82 X
    echo5oscar X X
    Turtle 135 X
    Last edited by J.A. Veil; 12-12-2014, 04:05 PM.
    John Veil
    Annapolis
    Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

lunch
    2015 Hobie Outback
    2001 Dagger Cayman

John

Comment

in for the fishing, looking forward to it! will launch at Jonas Green
      Dave

Wilderness Systems Ride 115

Comment

I am in for lunch as well.

I went back to Weems this morning and managed to catch a small pickerel. Had a few more bites but couldn't get the hook set with the wind blowing me around.
        Drew

Yellow Pompano 12
        Lime Slayer 10

Comment

John, I will try to make the meet and greet to fish and lunch. I have some family obligations that might caught me to miss the fun, but as of right now, I am in....

Comment

Fellow kayak anglers -- I am delighted at the proposed turnout for Sat. As of 9:00 am Thurs, we have 12 people signed up to fish, and 16 signed up for lunch. The wind forecast for Sat morning is 10-13 knots from the NW. If that is correct, the wind will blow directly down the Severn River and create small to medium waves on the beach at Jonas Green. Launching will be possible, but may require some extra care. The pickerel fishing is mostly inside sheltered tributaries where you can get out of the wind.

Please make sure to have your cold weather protective gear.

I will get to Jonas Green by 7:30 and will be happy to give some orientation tips (where to look for fish).

For those of you coming just to the lunch, we will start at 1:00.
            John Veil
            Annapolis

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Thanks for the update John.
              Peggy

Native Slayer Propel 12.5 Max
              Cobra Explorer

Comment

Go ahead and count me in for fishing as well. See you in the morning.

Comment

Lunch is a possibility, depending on work schedule.

Steve Stegman

Comment

I'm going to have to pass, guys. Wind chill is going to be 29 at 9am and I am a total wimp when it gets that cold. I will look forward to see you all in the spring. Good luck tomorrow, and Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
                    Peggy

Native Slayer Propel 12.5 Max
                    Cobra Explorer

Comment

John ......... I have the final settlement for my trailer on Sat ........ I'm trying to change the location to this restaurant because I want to buy some of those lures from you ....... If I can't change the location then I will be there @ 2 if you guys will still be there

Comment

Rick -

I am planning to start lunch at 1:00, but I suspect other participants will trickle in for a while. I am pretty confident that we will still be there at 2:00 pm.
                        John Veil
                        Annapolis

Comment

Thanks John ........ I was supposed to meet the guy at Outback but I'm trying to change that. If I can I will be there at 1 ...... If not then by 2. Please reserve the #s2,3,4 from your ad and 3 of the spinner baits ..... Thanks

Comment

Going to meet up with y'all for lunch. Cowkid2 will be along also.
                            Hobie fleet:
                            2017 Quest 13
                            2015 Outback
                            2014 Outback

Comment

we are heading over there early for lunch. Leaving at 12:13 p.m.

Comment

Working...
                              X