Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Past prices on Penn Battle II?

Hey all,

I've been looking for a nice lighter tackle saltwater reel and I think I'm going for the Penn Battle II 2000 or 2500. I noticed Dicks Sporting Goods has a 25% off (maybe site wide?) and I also have a $10 off $50+ coupon that came in the mail recently. So that would make the battle $65 + tax and free shipping.

Has there been better deals in the past? or should I just hop on this one?
    Daniel Kwon
    2019 Hobie Outback Slate Blue
    2002 Triumph 190 Bay Suzuki DF115

Sounds like a pretty good deal for a new battle reel. I do t fish salt as much so i just went with the fierce line. Haven't had any problems with my penns.
    Tan-Tarpon 140
    Lime-Pelican Matrix
    Yellow-Scrambler XT

Comment

i worked at bass pro for 2 years and never seen any reels but bass pros go on sale.. ever..

so read the disclaimer make sure the 25% goes towards reels... and the 10$
      if its 65 thats the best price ever for an awesome reel.. i have 3 of them
      Zach Moore
      Delaware Paddle Sports Fishing Team
      Fishal Custom Baits Pro Staff
      Bait Towel Pro Staff
      2017 Hobie Pro Angler 12
      YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSa...8WkC2WzHhAjVaQ

Comment

SportsAuthority today has the 25% with free shipping and I just got another Penn FRC4000 combo for $63.00 shipped. I already have a 3000 combo.

Comment

Oooh alright, thanks guys! If the 10 off 50 coupon works, then I'll pull the trigger.
          Daniel Kwon

Comment

The Penn Battle II looks like they've come up with some good improvements. I have 4 of the original Battle reels and have had a fair amount of problems with them. Penn has been great about replacing these reels, but I've found them to get rough and eventually seize. I've sent most of these reels into Penn at least once.

Even with Penn's great service, I need something more dependable. I'll probably be swapping all these out for Shimano Stradic's.

$65 is a great price on the new Battle II. I'd definitely hop on that deal if that's the reel that you're looking at.

Comment

Jkay what kind of issues I've had 3 for 4 years and they are smooth as anything.. amazing reels.
              Zach Moore
              Delaware Paddle Sports Fishing Team
              Fishal Custom Baits Pro Staff
              Bait Towel Pro Staff
              2017 Hobie Pro Angler 12
              YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSa...8WkC2WzHhAjVaQ

Comment

dkwon, for what it's worth... i have a 2500 & 4000 battle rod and reel combo they were $119.00 imho they are a great dollar for dollar value. the rods are not quite as sensitive as some of the more expensive rods. i have been very happy with them and have had no probs. the battle II has an improved drag system

Comment

Originally posted by YaknBass View Post
                  dkwon, for what it's worth... i have a 2500 & 4000 battle rod and reel combo they were $119.00 imho they are a great dollar for dollar value. the rods are not quite as sensitive as some of the more expensive rods. i have been very happy with them and have had no probs. the battle II has an improved drag system
                  Thanks for the input. I was seriously considering the combo, but I've heard similar to what you just said. Just going to pick up an ugly stik to pair with the reel.
                  Daniel Kwon

Comment

Originally posted by BassMoore View Post
                    Jkay what kind of issues I've had 3 for 4 years and they are smooth as anything.. amazing reels.
                    Basically they begin getting rough about halfway through the season. By the end of the season, they are completely seized. I send the reels in for repair and cleaning/lube and Penn has just been replacing them. I had high hopes for them during the first season, then the failures started. I don't dunk my reels and am pretty religious about rinsing them down after fishing. I wish I could tell you what part(s) are failing, but I don't take down spinning reels any more. I just send them in once a season for cleaning/lube. Every once in a while, they might get a drop of oil inside.

These are the only reels that I've had these kind of problems with. I use all Shimano Symetre reels for freshwater and love them. I'll try the Stradic and see what I think. Much different price point than the Battle, but I can get them for a pretty nice deal.

Comment

I've been fishing a Penn Fierce 3000 since early summer, never did anything other than hose it off after each trip, still smooth as the day I bought it. I will be getting more of them, when I start trolling more than two rods.
                      Hobie fleet:
                      2017 Quest 13
                      2015 Outback
                      2014 Outback

Comment

I just got one, came in at $79 and some change after taxes. Best price I've seen on them so far besides eBay that I kept getting beat out on. LOL I wish I had an extra 10 bux off though! LOL

Comment

Working...
                        X