• Time
  • Show
Clear All

My brother-in-law and I signed up as well. Number 6 and 7
    -Mustafa
    ابو مسقوف AbuMasgouf (Aboo-Mas-goof ): Fish Roast Papa
    2016 Hobie Outback
    2012 Hobie Revolution 13
    "Be humble to whomever you learn from and whomever you teach."-- Imam al-Sadiq (as)

Comment

I am number 8!
      Mike S.
      Hobie Outback
      Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers
      3D Printed Hobie Hatch Bucket

Comment

Remember that everyone should get a ticket since to board the boat it is a raffle. Hope they get on the boat first can save seats for others.

Comment

Ok, so it is two weeks before the Deep Drop Trip for the tastey black seabass and other fish that will fill our coolers. So, who is actually going. Let's get a list for the 20th.

From what I can gather, these folks are going:

Tufnik
          AbuMasgouf
          AbuMasgouf's brother in law
          MOC
          Chex
          JohnE

So that is 7 so far. It is a good strategy for everyone to get there own ticket for the boarding lottery. This gives us the maximum chance of grabbing some tables. Those that get on first fish try to hold a table by placing their gear around the seats to save a spot for the other Snaggedliners. Each table holds 4 Anglers. So for the group that we have so far, that would be two tables we would need to snag. It would be a pain for others in our group to get on the boat with a seat, and the last boarders would have to sit on the floor or cooler for a 4 hour ride out. This boat can fish from 200-900 feet. Some Anglers could be real aggressive in getting on the boat.
          Last edited by moc; 12-09-2014, 09:28 AM.

Comment

One less for the deep drop trip. My brother in law, will not be able to make it due to unexpected obligations.

So what time is everyone going down there on Friday? Is anyone going to spend the night on Saturday night before driving up. I plan on at least having a good night sleep and rest to travel back on Sunday morning. I will most likely stay at the Best Western in Virginia, Beach Saturday night which is not far from the Rhudee Inlet. They normally have fisherman's specials, a room for around $50 a night. At least in the past. The hotel is on the beach also.

Comment

Too bad. Did he lose the trip payment, or rescheduled maybe?

I'm driving down Fri night and then sleep in the car for a few hours in the lot. I'll do what I've done in the past on return trips. Reach the dock about 8-9 pm, then drive home that evening. The 5-hr sleep on the boat on the return trip is enough to keep me good for driving home.

I'm hoping for a small crowd on the boat so I can stretch out and sleep.
              2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
              2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
              2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

he did not have time pay for the trip so he is not out of any money. I've already paid for mine. I'll head down Friday night or afternoon and hang out at the lot and sleep on the boat like you. But I will get my fish clean down there the last time it was 11 o'clock or midnight when we're done so I'll just head straight to the hotel and sleep and then drive home in the morning.

Comment

I'm planning on arriving a couple hours before launch. I'll leave Sat night or Sun morning, depending on how I feel when I get off the boat.
                  Mike S.
                  Hobie Outback

Comment

I really wish I could make it this time since it was one of the best fishing trips Ive been on, but unfortunately not going to make it this year. Maybe all the snaggedliners could donate a fillet to the baby daddy freezer...
                    Ryan
                    Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
                    Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

Finally picked up a new rod butt cushion. No more pelvis pain on the heavy lifts.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Nice. Reminds me to bring my belt. Came in handy last year.
                        Mike S.
                        Hobie Outback

Comment

Good he didn't loose money but I thought you have to pay when you reserve your spot. No?

The plan for my brother in law and I is to drive Friday, sleep at a hotel for that night and Saturday night, and drive back refreshed Sunday morning.
                          -Mustafa
                          ابو مسقوف AbuMasgouf (Aboo-Mas-goof ): Fish Roast Papa
                          2016 Hobie Outback
                          2012 Hobie Revolution 13
                          "Be humble to whomever you learn from and whomever you teach."-- Imam al-Sadiq (as)

Comment

Originally posted by Shady View Post
                            I really wish I could make it this time since it was one of the best fishing trips Ive been on, but unfortunately not going to make it this year. Maybe all the snaggedliners could donate a fillet to the baby daddy freezer...
                            Man I would be more than happy to donate some BSB fillets. My freezer is on F right now, and I'm going again on the 21st.
                            <insert witty comment here>

Comment

I still need to make more room in my current fridge\freezer since my large 17 cubic foot freezer died last year.

Comment

Originally posted by MetroMan View Post
                                Man I would be more than happy to donate some BSB fillets. My freezer is on F right now, and I'm going again on the 21st.
                                Maybe it's time to buy a 17 cube freezer? I thought about it, but nah. Gotta eat faster or give away more fish to neighbors.

Comment

Working...
                                X