Deep Drop Trip Planning, BSB! 20 or 27 Dec, Sat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deep Drop Trip Planning, BSB! 20 or 27 Dec, Sat

Planning to do Deep Drop trip out of Rudee Inlet, VA.

Boat leaves about 3 am, Sat
    17-hours, $200
    Equipment and bait are provided
    Usually 30-35 anglers per boat; sometimes two boats go out
    Target is primarily black sea bass (BSB) and tilefish; you can also get blues, grouper, rosefish, wreckfish, others

The 20th is good because of increased chances of taking home BSB. In case the wx is bad on the 20th, the trip will fall on the following weekend, the 27th and VA BSB season would still be open. Starting 1 Jan, BSB is closed. If you plan for the 27th, and the trip is postponed due to bad wx, the trip will move to Jan 2. That's when the target is tilefish, etc., not BSB.

As you know, BSB is among the best tasting fish!

Last year we had a bunch of MKF guys, and it was a blast. Everyone caught lots of fish.

Anyone interested this year? On 20th or 27th?

For more info on Deep Drop:
    http://www.rudeeinletcharters.com/

Past Trips:
    http://www.snaggedline.com/showthrea...ight=deep+drop
    Last edited by tufnik; 11-23-2014, 02:41 PM.
    2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
    2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
    2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Both dates work for me... Looking forward to it!
    Mike S.
    Hobie Outback
    Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers
    3D Printed Hobie Hatch Bucket

Comment

I think my brother in law Harmat and myself are planning on going for the 20th, and the 27th as back up.

Comment

MetroMan and I literally just got home from a last minute trip down there. Party was cancelled Friday and got the call they needed a few more to go and we went.....best Seabass fishing we ever had. We Slayed them today. Limits all around the rail . Came home with multiple over 4 pounds. No wind all day.

Comment

Put me on the maybe list. I may have to go up to Rhode Island that week.

Comment

Hey Efrin! So I double checked my schedule and I confused my non availability with the weekend before the 20th. So I will be available for both the 20th and 27th. Do we reserve through you or call directly? When should we start reserving by?
            -Mustafa
            ابو مسقوف AbuMasgouf (Aboo-Mas-goof ): Fish Roast Papa
            2016 Hobie Outback
            2012 Hobie Revolution 13
            "Be humble to whomever you learn from and whomever you teach."-- Imam al-Sadiq (as)

Comment

By the way my brother in-law will also make it
              -Mustafa
              2016 Hobie Outback
              2012 Hobie Revolution 13
              "Be humble to whomever you learn from and whomever you teach."-- Imam al-Sadiq (as)

Comment

Tempted. That ride though. Is it a killer to sit 4 hours in a boat?

Comment

Fourstep,
                  You're making me anxious. Any tiles, grouper, rosefish, etc.? How deep did you fish?

Abu and John,
                  Sign up and pay on your own. If we sign up early, we should all be on the first boat.

Dave,
                  That's why you go to sleep for five hours. Before you know it, you're there .... battle stations everyone!

I'm leaning toward the 20th, but I need to make sure I can make it on that date.

Comment

Originally posted by tufnik View Post

I'm leaning toward the 20th, but I need to make sure I can make it on that date.
                    Let us know as soon as you know so we can keep the biggest number of members together
                    -Mustafa
                    2016 Hobie Outback
                    2012 Hobie Revolution 13

Comment

Originally posted by HokieDJ View Post
                      Tempted. That ride though. Is it a killer to sit 4 hours in a boat?
                      The ride for our trip this past Sunday was 5hrs. Honestly, I was so tired from the ripping & running the day before that it was relatively easy to sleep for a good 4 hrs of the boat ride. Seas were calm, and I had a bench to myself.

But this was a private trip on the boat, which only contained about 20 or so anglers, so less people meant more comfort.

Either way, its worth it once you get that first killer thump when your bait hits the bottom
                      <insert witty comment here>

Comment

Originally posted by tufnik View Post
                        Fourstep,
                        You're making me anxious. Any tiles, grouper, rosefish, etc.? How deep did you fish?
                        Nah, we didn't go that deep for those. The max we went was just shy of 200'. All black sea bass and trigger fish. When the boat drifted to the ends of the wrecks, then we picked up pesky (but fun fighting) blue fish.

I will see you guys in December. I won't be on your trip though. When you're returning to the dock from your trip, I'll be headed out right after that on a private charter on the boat on the 21st.

Comment

Ready for the freezer

IMG_0843.jpg

Comment

I got all fired up after hearing Fourstep's report. Anyway, I signed up today. I'm #3 on the list for the 20th.

Metro,
                            We'll try not to get all the big ones so you can do clean up when get out there...lol....

Comment

my brother in law and I will be paying for our trip tomorrow so we may be number four and five lol.

Comment

Working...
                              X