CBBT Togs-by-Joe 11-22-14, Sat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CBBT Togs-by-Joe 11-22-14, Sat

Met ComeOnFish at the launch and we were on the water about 0830 hrs. It was an absolutely nice day – clear sky, low wind, and about a foot waves. Cool, with a high about 50 deg, and definitely a good day to yak fish. We saw several other yakers out there.

We fished the outgoing, and I used frozen green crab and sand fleas. Joe used shrimp. Togs were the target, but we also did some jigging for stripers, reds, whatever.

I caught several togs (all shorts) and toads. We talked to other yakers and boaters, and they didn’t seem to do well either on togs or stripers. But the man of the hour was Joe. He found some good holes, and Mr. Tog Man himself caught a lot of togs there (including the limit of three keepers).

Again, a nice day to fish. Joe's video is coming.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by tufnik; 11-23-2014, 09:42 AM.
    2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
    2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
    2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Is shrimp a legitimate tog bait?

What I learned from Tufnik is that I don't have to go to the first Island or fish pilings near to it. In my case, I randomly pick pilings and search for the holes on the bottom.

Well, I found a small hole and waited. There I hooked the first tog. I caught about 14-15 togs on the same piling. And two more on other pilings.
    Togs were at 12" - 17" (17", 16.5", 16.5", 15 7/8", 15", .......)

Fishing Log:

Joe
    Last edited by ComeOnFish; 11-24-2014, 06:15 AM.
    Fish like there's no tomorrow.
    Youtube UserID: ComeOnFish01 (Over 300 kayak fishing videos in mid-Atlantic (DE, MD & VA)
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKb...JtmNcSJBi2Sazg

Comment

Looks like you guys were doing quite well there. What weight were you using?

Mobile

Outback 2015
      Maui

Comment

Nice catches guys, maybe next year I'll give CBBT a shot, always looks like a blast. Thanks for sharing!
        Hobie Outback - Orange

Where Land Ends...Life Begins

Comment

Originally posted by Goody View Post
          Looks like you guys were doing quite well there. What weight were you using?

Mobile
          I think Efrin uses lighter sinker than I. I use 3-4 OZ. 3 OZ sinker usually works for me because I am on an Outback. Somehow, it is easy to stays right at the bridge columns on an Outback - the sinker (bait) goes down straight along the wall of the column.

I used a 4 OZ sinker because I used 50 LB test KastKing braided which is thicker than PowerPro 50 LB test, and also used a whole shrimp which makes the rig sink slower.

Joe
          Fish like there's no tomorrow.
          Youtube UserID: ComeOnFish01 (Over 300 kayak fishing videos in mid-Atlantic (DE, MD & VA)
          https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKb...JtmNcSJBi2Sazg

Comment

Working...
          X