Beechwood Park Shore fishing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beechwood Park Shore fishing

I hear this place is good for shore fishing for Pickerel in the winter months. Has anyone tried this place before?
    Olive Trophy 126 - Moored at Rocky Gorge Scott's Cove

Personal Records at Rocky Gorge
    Largemouth Bass: 21 inches
    Northern Pike: 24 inches
    Crappie: 12 inches
    Channel Catfish: 18 inches

I have not fished there but clearly the habitat looks promising for pickerel with downed trees prevalent along the shoreline at the upper end of the Magothy.

Also, you can launch your kayak at Beechwood with a bit of haul through a wooded path.

On the fly (Harry) has been there and has posted on this site about it.

So you do not have to confine yourself to shore fishing.
    Mark
    Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
    Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
    Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

I'll probably only be shore fishing... don't have a garage and I keep my kayak locked up at Rocky Gorge all year long. Is the park walkable during low tide? I don't have waders/hip boots.
      Olive Trophy 126 - Moored at Rocky Gorge Scott's Cove

Personal Records at Rocky Gorge
      Largemouth Bass: 21 inches
      Northern Pike: 24 inches
      Crappie: 12 inches
      Channel Catfish: 18 inches

Comment

There will be atleast 5 people at a time there fishing.. bring waders for a place to stand in the water for a spot.
        Zach Moore
        Delaware Paddle Sports Fishing Team
        Fishal Custom Baits Pro Staff
        Bait Towel Pro Staff
        2017 Hobie Pro Angler 12
        YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSa...8WkC2WzHhAjVaQ

Comment

Originally posted by BassMoore View Post
          There will be atleast 5 people at a time there fishing.. bring waders for a place to stand in the water for a spot.
          That doesn't really start till January but havin waders is a big help there isn't much shore acess

Comment

Originally posted by Mark View Post

Also, you can launch your kayak at Beechwood with a bit of haul through a wooded path.

On the fly (Harry) has been there and has posted on this site about it.

So you do not have to confine yourself to shore fishing.
            I don't think much information has been posted about kayak access at Beechwood recently. I have a friend (not a kayak angler, but someone who is interested in enhancing water access) who shared some information with me a few weeks ago. He told me that he and his teenage son spent an afternoon during the summer at Beechwood widening the kayak access trail that had been provided initially. He said it is about 100 yards past the parking area. If any of our members visits there soon, please report back about your perspective on the current condition of the trail and how easy it is to launch now.

beechwood trail.jpg
            John Veil
            Annapolis
            Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

I have drug my pa12 down and back up that "kayak launch" its about as steep as the terrain gets with a small sandy beach to launch from and the trail is close to 100yrd drag down the cliff side so your kayak is probe to tipping as mine did a few times trying to navigate around the starp 90 degree turns just before the small beach launch. I think that little creek arm is only good for the perch spawn, but i have caught big pickerel there fishing for spawning perch, my biggest was 24" out of that creek dropshotting power minnows on 2lb test. The silt in the creek is anout 2-2.5' deep so make sure you have chest waders because u will sink upto your nipples.
              Jason

-2017 ivory dune pro angler 12' with micro power pole, Lowrance EliteTI7, boonedox landing gear
              -2015 olive outback with Lowrance Hook7,micro power pole, seadek kit, micro power pole
              -Orange Heritage featherlite

Comment

There's a newer launch Jason. Don't have to use the clif side any more
                Zach Moore
                Delaware Paddle Sports Fishing Team
                Fishal Custom Baits Pro Staff
                Bait Towel Pro Staff
                2017 Hobie Pro Angler 12
                YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSa...8WkC2WzHhAjVaQ

Comment

Beechwood ( http://www.aacounty.org/recparks/par...m#.VHC1Ucnp-So) is the only public access on the Magothy to my knowledge. It would be a simple matter to reopen the old access road to create a "drop area" at the waterside with parking back up the hill. AA County Rec & Parks needs to hear from users if you want better access, squeaky wheel, etc. E-mail Rec & Parks Director Rick Anthony, rpanth49@aacounty.org

Comment

Working...
                  X