Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eastern Shore (Honga River) 15 Nov 2014 report.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice work gents, my only comment would be...

WWPGD?? haha

Comment

Nice fish guys. Where did your launch from, looks like Stines Marina. I fished the Honga Bridge yesterday with good results.

Comment

Originally posted by Goody View Post
        Nice vids, but let's see some of the catches. I want to see how the experts do it.

Comment

Originally posted by Goody View Post
          Cooking up some of this curry with the catch today.
          [ATTACH=CONFIG]14218[/ATTACH]
          Nice Maesri brand is the best one for Masaman curry. Which by the way comes from the original Thai expression, "Muslim curry". A little culinary history showed that this particular Thai curry came from the Muslims that traveled to Thailand from Persia with unique spices that Thais didn't use at the time. Today it's a very common and preferred Thai curry.

I always add more fish sauce, palm sugar and kaffir lime leaf to mine to accentuate the curry paste. But by far Maesri is the best ready made paste I've found.
          -Mustafa
          ابو مسقوف AbuMasgouf (Aboo-Mas-goof ): Fish Roast Papa
          2016 Hobie Outback
          2012 Hobie Revolution 13
          "Be humble to whomever you learn from and whomever you teach."-- Imam al-Sadiq (as)

Comment

Originally posted by Rockchaser View Post
            It was a fun day on the water. I could have done with less wind but what can you do.

I told Goody to stop catching all of my fish but he would listen. I ended the day with about a dozen Rockfish all but 1 were short of the 18" mark.

My Orange BLACK PACK was my FACEBOOK winnings from YackAttack back in October.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]14220[/ATTACH]

Nice!! I know how much you miss your orange Outback, so this kinda helps ease the pain LOL
            -Mustafa
            ابو مسقوف AbuMasgouf (Aboo-Mas-goof ): Fish Roast Papa
            2016 Hobie Outback
            2012 Hobie Revolution 13
            "Be humble to whomever you learn from and whomever you teach."-- Imam al-Sadiq (as)

Comment

Originally posted by camelbird View Post
              Nice work gents, my only comment would be...

WWPGD?? haha
              Pretty much the same thing we've been doing..."catch the most fish" is what he did yesterday. I tried the FPG technique with varying results. LOL

Originally posted by LenFewster View Post
              Nice fish guys. Where did your launch from, looks like Stines Marina. I fished the Honga Bridge yesterday with good results.
              I was sworn to silence on this topic, which is why the generalization of Honga River was the only location identifier used.

Originally posted by YakCapn View Post
              Nice vids, but let's see some of the catches. I want to see how the experts do it.
              I don't know if anyone got action shots of catching yesterday. Cameras really didn't come out very much. Everyone was keeping them in pockets with gloves on. I've got a Lifeproof Lifejacket on the way for my phone, so I will try to get more pictures and may even try my hand at some videos. But until I can minimize the chance of it sinking, iPhone camera use has been limited to when I feel confident it won't go over the side.
              Hobie fleet:
              2017 Quest 13
              2015 Outback
              2014 Outback

Comment

Originally posted by AbuMasgouf View Post
                Nice!! I know how much you miss your orange Outback, so this kinda helps ease the pain LOL

here is a better picture of the Orange Black Pack, YakAttack does FACEBOOK contest sometimes and I was one of 3 to get an Orange one. I painted the black just to make the spider stand out better.

image.jpg
                Jim

Hobie Outback
                TKAA member
                Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers inc.

Everyone should believe in something... I believe I'll go fishing.

Comment

Originally posted by YakCapn View Post
                  Goody - gopro in the future?

Comment

Originally posted by Rockchaser View Post
                    here is a better picture of the Orange Black Pack, YakAttack does FACEBOOK contest sometimes and I was one of 3 to get an Orange one. I painted the black just to make the spider stand out better.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]14224[/ATTACH]
                    That looks good!
                    Hobie fleet:
                    2017 Quest 13
                    2015 Outback
                    2014 Outback

Comment

Not sure if its been said but the flat fish is a skillet fish

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ES Fisherman View Post
                        Not sure if its been said but the flat fish is a skillet fish

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        Thanks, it had not been identified.
                        Hobie fleet:
                        2017 Quest 13
                        2015 Outback
                        2014 Outback

Comment

Originally posted by LenFewster View Post
                          I'll say that it's not Stine's Marina.... as far as the location being sworn to secrecy..... some "other members" were sworn to secrecy too.... and now somehow a good amount of people know about this location.... so you just got to ask the one's willing to give up the info i guess....

Comment

Originally posted by CB kayak 02 View Post
                            I'll say that it's not Stine's Marina.... as far as the location being sworn to secrecy..... some "other members" were sworn to secrecy too.... and now somehow a good amount of people know about this location.... so you just got to ask the one's willing to give up the info i guess....
                            It goes back to, "if you fish with me (us, them) the info will be shared in person/on the water." Posting about it on a forum where our information gets us over run with people not willing to put in the work to figure things out keeps folks from broadcasting any more information than that.

I did an experiment* here recently, posting up a picture of a lure that looked like it would catch fish...the next day the shelf at BPS was empty of every lure of that brand, in that color (and a colors close) and size. I've never purchased or used those lures.

*edit add: There were about 50 packages of that company's lures on the shelf when I posted, less than 24 hours later they were sold out. Each package had 2-6 lures, depending on size, and they were $8.49 each.
                            Hobie fleet:
                            2017 Quest 13
                            2015 Outback
                            2014 Outback

Comment

Originally posted by Cowpokey View Post
                              It goes back to, "if you fish with me (us, them) the info will be shared in person/on the water." Posting about it on a forum where our information gets us over run with people not willing to put in the work to figure things out keeps folks from broadcasting any more information than that.

I did an experiment* here recently, posting up a picture of a lure that looked like it would catch fish...the next day the shelf at BPS was empty of every lure of that brand, in that color (and a colors close) and size. I've never purchased or used those lures.

*edit add: There were about 50 packages of that company's lures on the shelf when I posted, less than 24 hours later they were sold out. Each package had 2-6 lures, depending on size, and they were $8.49 each.
                              Nothing against you man... you are very active on the forum and put plenty of time on the water and you were just invited to this location by others....... but don't give credit to those individuals for putting in work and finding and figuring out the location, when it was just poached and all the work was done by others.

Comment

This thread is interesting. Im curious to see what happens to Snaggedline over the next few years. The boat, pier, surf type forums started years before the kayak fishing forums. Initially, people shared information freely but overtime "spot burning" was a common complaint. The result? Phrases like "i fished north of the bay bridge, but south of the brooklyn bridge" were born. Flame wars, arguments, etc. Pictures photoshopped to disguise locations.

Snaggedline and other kayak fishing forums were different because we all shared very specific information about lures, techniques, locations, etc. Im seeing things turn though....the secrecy is increasing and the tone is changing. Im torn on the issue. It does suck when we lose launch places like Hemingways (although, that had to do with ownership changing more than anything). On the other hand, the lower eastern shore is so full of relatively unfished waters that I wonder if the secrecy is necessary. For the most part, everyone is chasing and catching small schoolie stripers (18-25"). I'm not sure thats terribly difficult to do.

Please dont interpret this as a slight towards anyone. How and what you choose to report is up to every individual, of course. The growing pains of a sport are inevitable though.

Also, im fishing tomorrow if anyone wants to join.
                                Jason

Comment

Working...
                                X