My trailer is totaled

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My trailer is totaled

Just got off the phone with State Farm ........... The estimate to repair the hail damage on my travel trailer from the tornado was over $14,000 so they totaled it and made me a fair offer. Soooooo ........ I guess my Cherrystone days are over unless they make the salvage value really low to buy it back.

Guess I'll start heading north now ....... Delaware and NJ

That sucks, but at least they made you a fair offer. Hopefully you can buy it back cheap and repair it. Did the hail damage put holes in the skin?
    Hobie fleet:
    2017 Quest 13
    2015 Outback
    2014 Outback

Comment

Originally posted by Cowpokey View Post
      That sucks, but at least they made you a fair offer. Hopefully you can buy it back cheap and repair it. Did the hail damage put holes in the skin?
      No holes ......... Just a ton of pock marks ........... And a smashed bathroom vent and fan that let rain in for a month ....... Trying to decide if I want it back .........

Comment

Sounds like you could fix the vent by replacing it, and the dipoles are just cosmetic. Did it get a lot of water damage from the rain coming through the vent? That's were I would be concerned, it could have some rot getting started in the plywood walls/floor?
        Hobie fleet:
        2017 Quest 13
        2015 Outback
        2014 Outback

Comment

Originally posted by Cowpokey View Post
          Sounds like you could fix the vent by replacing it, and the dipoles are just cosmetic. Did it get a lot of water damage from the rain coming through the vent? That's were I would be concerned, it could have some rot getting started in the plywood walls/floor?
          The vent/skylight has been fixed ........ The floor was soaked and I think there was a couple of soft spots but the inspector didn't find them ........ The floor is particle board I think ......... And yes ....... The pits are cosmetic. It depends on the salvage price ........ Was going to sell it anyway.

Comment

Sounds like you should just let it go.
            Hobie fleet:
            2017 Quest 13
            2015 Outback
            2014 Outback

Comment

I just might ......... Although ........ I do like to stay in the trailer at Cherrystone and I hate the thought of cleaning out all the stuff ....... Probably take 2 trips

Comment

Working...
              X