Beverly-Triton Monay 11/10/2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beverly-Triton Monay 11/10/2014

The weather was looking fantastic with only 1 to 4 mph winds. The temperature was 37 degrees in the morning, but would reach to at least 60 degrees during the day. I ended up catching 21 rockfish while trolling 1/2 ounce and 3/4 ounce jig heads tipped with 6 inch paddle tails in 13 to 16 feet of water. I got to Beverly Triton at 6:35. The gates to my surprised was open. So I went in to setup my yak for a 7am launch. Daolai was there and Cowpokey should up while we were on the water. We saw another Snaggedliner named Rob I believe. The was also a tandem Hobie kayak fishing there also. We also ran into our very own John Veil on his fishing boat checking us out.

Here is a quick video that I made of my time at Beverly Triton.....

Last edited by moc; 11-12-2014, 01:45 PM.

Video turned out well! I watched the whole thing expecting to be captured in some of your film but sadly didn't see myself...I guess I won't be getting any royalties when this goes commercial. LOL

I had a good day on the water also, and look forward to getting out with the crew again soon.

41 short stripers for me, all on the same 1/2 and 3/4 ounce jig heads with 6" paddle tail.
    Hobie fleet:
    2017 Quest 13
    2015 Outback
    2014 Outback

Comment

First fish of the day.

Having a Korean beer Dao brought out to celebrate the beautiful weather and catching fish.

I gave a couple jig/tail combos to the guys fishing blind on the tandem Hobie and they started catching fish right away.

Hobie fleet:
      2017 Quest 13
      2015 Outback
      2014 Outback

Comment

I enjoyed seeing you guys yesterday. After all the negative comments about power boaters disrupting the fishing at Beverly Triton I wanted to make sure we were as quiet as possible. We tried jigging for a while there but had no luck. We left the trolling to the kayak crowd and headed back north. I had a fantastic 30-min period shortly before seeing you guys. Both my fishing partner Nick and I jigged up several stripers in the mid-20s, with my largest coming at 28". I also had a doubleheader of 23" and 24" at the same time. I struggled to wind those fish in.
        John Veil
        Annapolis
        Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Originally posted by J.A. Veil View Post
          I enjoyed seeing you guys yesterday. After all the negative comments about power boaters disrupting the fishing at Beverly Triton I wanted to make sure we were as quiet as possible.
          All of the boats I encountered yesterday were really considerate and one was even using an electric trolling motor to keep things quiet. Nothing like the charter boats that ruined the action for us the other day.
          Hobie fleet:
          2017 Quest 13
          2015 Outback
          2014 Outback

Comment

One of the guys on the tandem is "brucelee" first name James. I just noticed I had 2 PM's in my inbox from yesterday evening. Sorry for the delay responding to those guys. LOL
            Hobie fleet:
            2017 Quest 13
            2015 Outback
            2014 Outback

Comment

Working...
            X