No announcement yet.

Novemer 2014 M&G report (Triton)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I went out there yesterday afternoon for a couple hours. Did not realize you guys were doing the meet and greet. Hard to believe it was the same day. Very rough and choppy in the afternoon. Up to 2' waves, with occasional 3', wind blowing pretty hard out of the south. No birds, no boats, not so much as a nibble...first skunk at Triton for me. Looks like I should have got out early. I went on a charter Fri with some neighbors out of Kent Island. Guess where they took us? Limited out with a few in the 24-26" range, but mostly 18-20".

Comment

It was nice to meet several of you there. I wish I could have stayed for lunch, but had to get back since the wife allowed me to fish!.

Thanks for the help with my wheels, I forgot your name, but you have the yellow '09 Revo.

I caught a keeper early on a Rat-L-Trap and a couple of shorts on a opening night color (Z man) paddletail.

The boats seemed to scatter the birds and fish but still a great day!

Comment

It was my first meet and greet and I definitely echo the "madness out there". The fish were hitting hard and heavy until the powerboats drove them south. I had a few keepers early but threw them back cause they were just legal and figured there were some bigger ones in the 21+ range. Big fail on my part. I did manage to get an 18.5 later for dinner.

The other crazy part was the number of kayakers trolling so close you had to pay attention. I think some of the power boaters were saying WTF cause they had never seen such an armada.

Great time. Great fun. I was happy meeting you and sharing a beer over lunch.

Anyone want to go out again on Tuesday morning?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Great to meet new folks and see old friends. Thanks for hosting the meet and greet Surfdog.

I was on the beach and saw birds in the distant. Got all excited and wanted to get out right away. Called Cowpokey to move it so we could get to them for some action. We got to the birds and it seemed like non stop action for a couple of hours. I was getting quad hookup from the get go. It got to the point after 30 minutes that I had to take off my gore tex and fleece jacket. Every-time I took one off and threw it back in, another fish would hit it right away. I ended up catching 68 stripers by the end of the day. Took home a 21" and 22 3/4" .

Here are some pictures:

Morning Sunrise
          20141108_063156.jpg 20141108_071208.jpg 20141108_071226.jpg 20141108_071253.jpg
          Birds
          20141108_072924.jpg 20141108_102236.jpg 20141108_110939.jpg 20141108_102239.jpg

Outback 2015
          Maui

Comment

Originally posted by HereFishyFishy View Post
            It was my first meet and greet and I definitely echo the "madness out there". The fish were hitting hard and heavy until the powerboats drove them south. I had a few keepers early but threw them back cause they were just legal and figured there were some bigger ones in the 21+ range. Big fail on my part. I did manage to get an 18.5 later for dinner.

The other crazy part was the number of kayakers trolling so close you had to pay attention. I think some of the power boaters were saying WTF cause they had never seen such an armada.

Great time. Great fun. I was happy meeting you and sharing a beer over lunch.

Anyone want to go out again on Tuesday morning?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Your summation of yesterdays events is like the cliff notes of what was going though that hat rack on top of my shoulders.
            Hobie fleet:
            2017 Quest 13
            2015 Outback
            2014 Outback

Comment

Goody pictures! Anyone that passed on this trip, (or had other obligations) missed out on a lot of fun.

Thanks for hosting Surfdog!

Can't wait to get on the water with y'all again.
              Hobie fleet:
              2017 Quest 13
              2015 Outback
              2014 Outback

Comment

I posted a video of my fishing day at Beverly Triton on youtube...not very exciting for many of you I'm sure. Only caught 2 and a couple more got away. Still learning the ropes of it all. Thanks again...I enjoyed the meet up and picked up a few good tips watching you all. Sorry I missed out on the lunch...I had on a wetsuit underneath my splash top and pants. Wanted to get back home and out of them...it was getting warm!

Comment

Originally posted by YakCapn View Post
                  I posted a video of my fishing day at Beverly Triton on youtube...not very exciting for many of you I'm sure. Only caught 2 and a couple more got away. Still learning the ropes of it all. Thanks again...I enjoyed the meet up and picked up a few good tips watching you all. Sorry I missed out on the lunch...I had on a wetsuit underneath my splash top and pants. Wanted to get back home and out of them...it was getting warm!
                  Awesome video and I am hoping to start video'ing my kayak experience or lack of experience :-) soon. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

"Radio Chatter". I was part of that with the "Sweet!" comment. LOL

Cool video.
                    Hobie fleet:
                    2017 Quest 13
                    2015 Outback
                    2014 Outback

Comment

great video... GoPro is on the christmas list.

Comment

Originally posted by YakCapn View Post
                        Nice video. Looks like you were enjoying the action even when they get uncooked.
                        2014 Hobie Dune Outback
                        2013 Ocean Kayak Yellow Trident 13
                        Rob

Comment

Yes, had a good laugh at myself. I'm pretty sure that the one that got away at the boat was legal size. Should be on my dinner plate tonight...but it's cold pizza instead.

Comment

Wow!! Sounds like it was a fantastic M&G Surfdog, sorry I had to miss it. Thanks Moc, Goody, Surfdog and others for the pics and video.
                            2015 Outback
                            2016 Outback LE

GO PATRIOTS !!!

Comment

Thanks for organizing Surfdog! It was great seeing everyone and checking out a new launch. I love chasing birds but I hate when the boats see them too!!!
                              Hobie Local Fishing Team - Backyard Boats
                              Locations in Annapolis, MD and Woodbridge, VA
                              https://www.backyardboats.com/

Comment

U guys are welcome too bad some missed the m&g it was a blast I can tell by the way my back stiffened up Sat afternoon;-).

Comment

Working...
                                X