No announcement yet.

Novemer 2014 M&G report (Triton)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great report Carter...and congrats to everyone that was catching stripers! I really hated missing this one
    2015 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
    2013 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
    2013 OCEAN KAYAK TRIDENT 13

JEREMY D

Comment

Cowpokey, as always, we appreciate your colorful report and pictures. Sounds like you guys had a terrific time. I'm sorry I missed another meet and greet. Oh, and your " caught ya lookin" story was priceless
      Peggy

Native Slayer Propel 12.5 Max
      Cobra Explorer

Comment

Today was my first meet and greet...I was in the Predator. Caught a couple, but no keepers...1 was 17 and I measured it twice. Got another all the way to yak and lost him on the lift out of the water! Was great to be out on such a great day. The cold wasn't nearly the factor I thought it would be...the light winds and calm bay really helped. Looking forward to more meet and greets in the future!

Comment

Wow ...... Great meet and greet ....... Great weather and great fishing ....... Congrats

Comment

Thanks for the great report, Cowpokey. Great pictures and the next best thing to being there! I was hoping someone would post a report today and was glad to see you all had a great day.

Comment

Thanks SurfDog for setting this up. It was fun seeing some old and new kayak anglers out there. I am sure that we did better than the motor boats that where chasing birds and at times chasing kayakers in the area. I think that they were using the kayakers as fish finders. The weather was beautiful for a November Meet and Great. Low winds most of the morning ranging from 1 to 4 mph. The water was absolutely crystal clear. With that being said, I fished blind again today. I did not get my fish finder fixed, but it was interesting hearing that I was not the only one with a non functioning fish finder. It took me awhile to locate my first fish , but I did get it at 19.75 inches. I ended with 5 stripers for the day. There were 14 to 17 kayakers out there today, and 10 of us ended up at the Green Turtle in Edgewater. It was a fun time and I was glad that I was able to make it. It is always fun having pullage, whether you keep the fish or not.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by moc; 11-08-2014, 10:34 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the pictures MOC!!!
                Hobie fleet:
                2017 Quest 13
                2015 Outback
                2014 Outback

Comment

Originally posted by sparky1423 View Post
                  Great report Carter...and congrats to everyone that was catching stripers! I really hated missing this one
                  It as madness....MADNESS I TELL YA!!! We missed you out there today Sparky.
                  Hobie fleet:
                  2017 Quest 13
                  2015 Outback
                  2014 Outback

Comment

Originally posted by Pc4sun View Post
                    Cowpokey, as always, we appreciate your colorful report and pictures. Sounds like you guys had a terrific time. I'm sorry I missed another meet and greet. Oh, and your " caught ya lookin" story was priceless
                    We had a good time. Missed you out there....did I mention it was madness? LOL
                    Hobie fleet:
                    2017 Quest 13
                    2015 Outback
                    2014 Outback

Comment

Also thanks for hosting the meet n greet surf dog. It was good seeing everyone as well. I had started out fishing using two of the Chesapeake rigs alan (yakfish) had made ( they are awesome by the way). Well I started catching doubles until my first snag n lost a jig head, so I took it off n rigged up a tandem on one n Chesapeake on the other , next thing you know I ran a little shallower n snagged n lost my whole chesapeake rig. Very sad to lose the rig but its fishing. Ended up with a 20" keeper n had a lot of fun. Good day on the water!IMG_45016334825528.jpg all I have to show for a pic is a fish selfie. Go pro was dead
                      Last edited by yakkinfish18; 11-09-2014, 12:56 AM.
                      2014 Hobie Dune Outback
                      2013 Ocean Kayak Yellow Trident 13
                      Rob

Comment

I'm glad to read about a fish-catching report & that Mother Nature cooperated. We surely can discover the fish w/o spooking them like the noisy motor chasers do. Thanks for posting up the pictures everyone. I pulled a double shift last night after fishing for 3 nights in a row & I was catching up on my sleep during the m&g.

Comment

Wow! Wish I could have made that one. Note to self, avoid signing up the kids for fall soccer next year! LOL

congrats to everyone on a great day!

As always Carter thanks for letting us live through your report!
                          -Mustafa
                          ابو مسقوف AbuMasgouf (Aboo-Mas-goof ): Fish Roast Papa
                          2016 Hobie Outback
                          2012 Hobie Revolution 13
                          "Be humble to whomever you learn from and whomever you teach."-- Imam al-Sadiq (as)

Comment

Nice report but I counted atleast 15 people using some more apendages. I was on the bubble about launching but the weather was too nice to pass up. Pretty slow for me missing the first bunch of birds but had a great time
                            Attached Files

Comment

nov meet and greet

Originally posted by surfdog View Post
                              Nice report but I counted atleast 15 people using some more apendages. I was on the bubble about launching but the weather was too nice to pass up. Pretty slow for me missing the first bunch of birds but had a great time
                              A great time had by all ,Thanks surfdog for organizing
                              Moc for pics,great group,I caught about ten one or 2 legal all put back.Action was fast till big boats showed in numbers.See you all soon.
                              Rich, Valley Mill Boats Kayak Fishing Team ,
                              Jackson Kayaks, BigTuna, Big Rig , Coosa

Comment

Working...
                              X