Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Low winds Tuesday and Wednesday where to fish?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Low winds Tuesday and Wednesday where to fish?

With a window of low winds I want to try for rockfish and blues, where would be more productive fishing? Fort Smallwood in the patapsco river, Severn river launching out of Jonas green. Or the bay bridge? Anyone that is available in the mornings is welcome to join me. I'm not set up for trolling so if I did troll I would be holding 1 rod. Was thinking about dragging an Alabama rig with a bunch of willow leaves and 5" swimbait trailering on the back. Or casting and jigging for fish.
    Jason

-2017 ivory dune pro angler 12' with micro power pole, Lowrance EliteTI7, boonedox landing gear
    -2015 olive outback with Lowrance Hook7,micro power pole, seadek kit, micro power pole
    -Orange Heritage featherlite

I am trying to get out on Wednesday, if i can... open to suggestions as well. like to hookup with some stripers.

Comment

I'm thinking about Beverly-Triton around noon on tues & maybe the same on wed or earlier. Tide will be incoming.

Comment

Originally posted by whenican View Post
        I'm thinking about Beverly-Triton around noon on tues & maybe the same on wed or earlier. Tide will be incoming.
        I'm thinking about Beverly-Triton 7:00 am on wed - peak outgoing current between 8:00 and 9:00 am. Or the Bay Bridge from Sandy Point.

Comment

Fished the mouth of the South River this morning and birds are still working over breaking fish close to the shoreline.
          2014 Hobie Pro Angler
          2018 Viking Profish 400 Lite

Comment

Originally posted by JAR View Post
            Fished the mouth of the South River this morning and birds are still working over breaking fish close to the shoreline.
            Any size? My team of kayaks (me, reelaxin, my dad, and jeff poling from DE) is fishing the Fish for a Cure tournament this saturday. WE are the only kayaks against 70 boats so we're hoping for some good intel from everyone able to fish this week so we can take the top spot.

Comment

Originally posted by Skidsteer View Post
              I'm thinking about Beverly-Triton 7:00 am on wed - peak outgoing current between 8:00 and 9:00 am. Or the Bay Bridge from Sandy Point.
              Beverly Triton at 7:00 am for me - wish me luck.

Comment

Might see you there.
                John D.
                2015 Hobie Revolution 13
                GO RAVENS!!!
                GO ORIOLES!!!

Comment

Originally posted by CB kayak 02 View Post
                  Any size? My team of kayaks (me, reelaxin, my dad, and jeff poling from DE) is fishing the Fish for a Cure tournament this saturday. WE are the only kayaks against 70 boats so we're hoping for some good intel from everyone able to fish this week so we can take the top spot.
                  Fish today were caught up to mid 20 inches with plenty of sublegals in the mix. I'd say the ratio was 2 keepers for every 5 fish we caught. I gave Shane some intel before last weekend and that pattern is still holding true after the big winds and water temperature drop.
                  2014 Hobie Pro Angler
                  2018 Viking Profish 400 Lite

Comment

Fished Ft. Smallwood yesterday for the first time. Was very surprised how shallow the area is!! Have to go quite a ways out to find 8 - 10 foot water. Went a little ways out past the second bouy in front of the kayak launch site and the entire screen of my FF was filled with a bait ball and several more almost as big. Never could find any fish willing to take a lure. Fished from 10 to 2.

Comment

Due to long lines @ my polling location & a couple fishing buddies from PG able to join me after lunchtime we arrived @ Bev-Tri to strong wind-blown waves. Since 1 of us had a SI kayak & the waves were relentless even for the SOTs, we erred on the side of safety & found a less-windy place to fish where we all limited out during a nighttime kayakfishing adventure.

Comment

Went to Bev-triton but it was closed in the morning for a managed deer hunt. I put in at Turkey Point Marina ($$ - ouch) which meant I had to pedal a long way to get out to the mouth of the South River. I caught one on the way and started picking up more fish northeast of Bev-triton. Fish really turned on about 9:30 and it was pretty steady for about two hours. I was pulling 4 lines and at times I was having trouble keeping all 4 lines in the water because I had to reel in another fish before I even got the 4th line back out. Most were 16 - 18 inches with allot right at keeper size. I did manage some 19 - 20 but nothing bigger. Got my first case of "striper thumb" - it was a good day.

Hot lure was a Specialized Bait 3/4 oz "bug" in chartreuse glitter with a 4" paddle-tail that had a black back and chartreuse pearl belly. Runner-up was a Lucky Craft Pointer SP-100 in crack blue.

Comment

Went back out as the sun went down. Got surrounded by boats from the get-go but I was the only one catching. Wind was barely moving air. I just cast & drifted with the current. Limited out by 7:15pm. Caught a few more keepers on the return, all safely released. Had a few big ones self-release at the kayak before I could grab them. Beautiful nighttime hot fishing action.

Comment

Working...
                          X