No announcement yet.

Curse this wind!!! (Saturday 25 Oct 14)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Curse this wind!!! (Saturday 25 Oct 14)

Trying to get out for some rockfish, the wind is predicted to be out of the west-northwest around 10mph. Where would you launch?
    Hobie fleet:
    2017 Quest 13
    2015 Outback
    2014 Outback

WNW at 10 is perfect for the western shore so Triton should be fine. If the wind is big out of a westerly direction, stick with the western shore and the waves won't be so bad.
    2014 Hobie Pro Angler
    2018 Viking Profish 400 Lite

Comment

The problem lately has been the predicted wind direction being off. Going to shoot for Goodhands, at least it's protected from west and north pretty well.
      Hobie fleet:
      2017 Quest 13
      2015 Outback
      2014 Outback

Comment

I'll might join you at goodhands if you want company.
        Peggy

Native Slayer Propel 12.5 Max
        Cobra Explorer

Comment

I will be out there as well. Be great to meet you Peggy if you can make it.

Comment

All are welcome to join us. Going to be chilly in the early am, and I need to stop by Angler's for a permit first. What time does everyone want to launch?

What buoy or weather station would you use for Goodhands to check the tide table?
            Hobie fleet:
            2017 Quest 13
            2015 Outback
            2014 Outback

Comment

Originally posted by Cowpokey View Post
              All are welcome to join us. Going to be chilly in the early am, and I need to stop by Angler's for a permit first. What time does everyone want to launch?

What buoy or weather station would you use for Goodhands to check the tide table?
              On Windfinder, type in Grasonville for nearby wind forecast. For the tides and solunar use this one http://www.tides4fishing.com/us/mary...island-narrows.
              John Veil
              Annapolis
              Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Cowpokey - I have a permit and can save you the money if you want me to pick you up at Anglers. You can throw your yak in my truck.

Daolai, the pleasure would be all mine to meet you!
                Peggy

Cobra Explorer

Comment

Originally posted by J.A. Veil View Post
                  On Windfinder, type in Grasonville for nearby wind forecast. For the tides and solunar use this one http://www.tides4fishing.com/us/mary...island-narrows.
                  Thanks, John. It looks like 6:30 am or 2pm will be best for fishing.
                  Peggy

Cobra Explorer

Comment

Originally posted by Pc4sun View Post
                    Cowpokey - I have a permit and can save you the money if you want me to pick you up at Anglers. You can throw your yak in my truck.

Daolai, the pleasure would be all mine to meet you!
                    Thanks for the offer Peggy, but that would also mean moving all my crap to your truck also, and doing that coming and going isn't worth the price of the permit. I'll pick up a pass at Angler's on the way out. Next year I'll get a season pass.
                    Hobie fleet:
                    2017 Quest 13
                    2015 Outback
                    2014 Outback

Comment

Originally posted by Pc4sun View Post
                      Thanks, John. It looks like 6:30 am or 2pm will be best for fishing.
                      I do not recommend planning your trip solely around solunar times. There are many other local factors that can affect fish biting too. My philosophy is to go at a time that is convenient for me and check the solunar times for fun. You can compare their ratings with actual performance after the trip.
                      John Veil
                      Annapolis
                      Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Sub..
                        I want to go Saturday morning so bad... but I am pulling 10 credits and may not be done with all my assignments for the week. If I do manage to get done, I will hook up with you guys.
                        People who use the word "literally" wrong literally kill me.

Comment

I might come out with you guys. It looks like Saturday is the better day this weekend. I'll have to pick up a permit too.

Mobile

Outback 2015
                          Maui

Comment

Originally posted by Goody View Post
                            I might come out with you guys. It looks like Saturday is the better day this weekend. I'll have to pick up a permit too.

Mobile
                            Angler's at 6am?
                            Hobie fleet:
                            2017 Quest 13
                            2015 Outback
                            2014 Outback

Comment

Originally posted by Cowpokey View Post
                              Angler's at 6am?
                              Sounds good.

Mobile

Outback 2015