Info needed about Annapolis!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Info needed about Annapolis!!!

I know several folks on here live in/near Annapolis. I will be attending the Navy football game this weekend w my family. I understand parking is real bear...any suggestions on where to park? Shuttles? Tricks? Anyone have a driveway i can rent? Just to park, not party??!! Thanks
    Jackson - BIG TUNA

I have only been there for Maryland's Bowl game last year. Wow, did not realize that regular game day parking there was such an issue. You probably already saw this but just in case you did not:

http://www.navysports.com/facilities...king-info.html
    Dave

Wilderness Systems Ride 115

Comment

Wayne -

I live at least 3 miles from the stadium, so parking at my house is not practical. I don't go to the Navy football games so I cannot give you much personal experience about where to park. You need to be careful about parking on nearby neighborhood streets during games -- the police do ticket nonresident cars.

There is a public parking lot about 1/2 mile in toward Annapolis from the stadium. It is free on evenings and weekends. It is designed to look like an old brick building, not a parking garage, and is not marked well with signs. Most people other than locals do not know about it. If you want to use that garage, continue on Rowe Blvd past the stadium and cross the bridge over College Creek. Just past the bridge, several lanes bear off to the right -- do not follow them, but instead go straight to the traffic light and turn left. This is Calvert St. After one block, turn left again onto St. Johns St. The garage entrance is halfway down the block on the left.

At some point before the game, traffic is halted so that the entire brigade of midshipmen can march in their units from the academy to the stadium. It is an impressive and enjoyable sight, but it would definitely impede your ability to get into the area where the garage is located. If you have the time, I recommend arriving in Annapolis 2 hours early, get parked, and walk around the historical area and city docks. Then you can catch the parade and enjoy the game.
      John Veil
      Annapolis
      Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

"At some point before the game, traffic is halted so that the entire brigade of midshipmen can march in their units from the academy to the stadium."

Years ago, long before cell phones I made flower deliveries and did landscaping work for a florist/nursery shop in Arnold as a summer job. One Saturday I had a flower delivery to the Annapolis Hilton. I got to experience the situation John mentioned above as I sat first in line in traffic in front of the stadium and watched a couple of thousand Middies march in front of my van. I turned the motor off and waited. There was nothing else to do.

I got the expected question of "Where the h--- have you been?" when I finally returned to the shop.
        Mark
        Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
        Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
        Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

Thanks for replies...I will print maps, & Johns directions...
          Jackson - BIG TUNA

Comment

Good luck in Annapolis, pack a lunch. It's been my experience that Annapolis is a series of narrow one way streets, all heading into the same traffic circle with no exits.

Comment

Forget the game, go fishing!

Comment

Working...
              X