OC Inlet 10/18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OC Inlet 10/18

I haven't fished the OC Inlet in about a month and I've been wondering if the sheeps were still hanging around and how the tog were biting. I got a report the night before that a buddy got one sheep so I had high hopes for Saturday. I got out there on the outgoing current and and was immediately into fish. For about an hour or so I was getting hit as soon as the bait hit bottom. As the current slacked, so did the bite. The incoming current brought in very dirty water that really shut the bite down to almost nothing.

To my delight, I ended up with 6 sheepshead 18" - 21" and about a dozen and half tog with 5 of the tog that were keepers at 17" - 19.5" (kept two - one on the smoker tight now with some blues and kingfish ). I tried some rock crabs I gathered on the way out and sand fleas; sand fleas were the preferred bait.

P1040025.jpg
    Brian

Nice work! Any word on flounder bites out there? And how big were the blues?
    2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
    2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
    2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

Nice work Slobber Bob, hope the bit continues
      Freddie T

2016 Hobie Outback LE #236
      Torqeedo Ultralight 403

Comment

Tufnik, the blues were all around 18" - 20" but I actually caught them earlier in the week as bycatch surf fishing on Assateague. I hear there is a decent flounder bite still. I've been seeing a lot of the regular inshore charter boats working the area around the Rt. 50 bridge so I assume they are doing ok on flounder.
        Brian

Comment

Sweet job Brian!

Remember when Sheepies were eluding you? Now you're rolling in them! LOL I hope it continues for you bro!
          -Mustafa
          ابو مسقوف AbuMasgouf (Aboo-Mas-goof ): Fish Roast Papa
          2016 Hobie Outback
          2012 Hobie Revolution 13
          "Be humble to whomever you learn from and whomever you teach."-- Imam al-Sadiq (as)

Comment

I remember very well! I have to take advantage of my lucky streak as long as I can!
            Brian

Comment

Working...
            X