Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• November Online Challenge "PICKEREL"

November 1st - November 30th

Our goal is to get a lot of people to participate and for this to become a fun event each month. The pickerel are really heating up and they are super fun and easy to catch on light tackle. You can use whatever lures or bait your would like and fish any water MD, VA, PA or DE on a kayak, boat, or from shore.

Cost: $10 (90% payback) The 10% will be put towards the Heroes on the Water fund MAKBF raises each year (every little bit counts).

To Enter: Send $10 to makbfseries@gmail.com via Paypal

Scoring= Total Length of 3 pickerel

Pay Outs
    1st - 60%
    2nd - 30%
    3rd - 10%

Measuring Device: Any standardized ruler device (No Homemade measuring boards)

Identifier: Will be emailed to participants on 10/31 or when you register if you sign up after 11/1
    Last edited by CB kayak 02; 10-17-2014, 02:40 PM.

Is anyone interested in this we could also make it from 11/1 - 1/31 to allow for more fishing time. What do people think?

Comment

Been catching them for past couple of months. Going after them tomorrow too. I'm interested.
      Hidden Oak 2014 NATIVE SLAYER PROPEL 13
      Tarpon 120
      Ascend D10T

Personal bests
      25 &1/4" Pickerel

SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!
      http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXjKlcf7rw_SwanvTarJVCg
      Facebook:https://www.facebook.com/pages/Beyon...46820392155412

Comment

I'm down for some pickerel fishing I might be able to get few more guys in it

Comment

fwiw...most eastern shore ponds & Delaware too are loaded with our sharped tooth friends. If you feel uneasy in the river this cold or just wanna try something new.

Smithville & Tuckahoe both hold fish in the 20 inch range

Comment

Originally posted by Yakie_Noodle View Post
            Been catching them for past couple of months. Going after them tomorrow too. I'm interested.
            Originally posted by kdkilbo View Post
            Originally posted by imagine29028 View Post
            fwiw...most eastern shore ponds & Delaware too are loaded with our sharped tooth friends. If you feel uneasy in the river this cold or just wanna try something new.

Good Deal I be waiting for your registrations to come through Paypal.

Simple Process -> Log in to PayPal -> "Transfer Money" -> Enter makbfseries@gmail.com and $10-> Click sending money for family or friend (No Fee)-> I'll get notification and then send you the photo identifier the night before competition starts or after registration post 11/1.

Comment

Anybody sign up yet?.....I need to revive the paypal...haven't used that in some time now.
              Tarpon 120
              Ascend D10T

Personal bests
              25 &1/4" Pickerel

Comment

Anybody sign up yet?.....I need to revive the paypal...haven't used that in some time now.
                Just one so far, but I've had a lot of people tell me they were planning on doing it.

Comment

Don't forget to sign up by tomorrow in order to get the most fishing time!!

Comment

you can still sign up at any time through out the month for this challenge!! It's only $10 and provides a little more excitement for you on the water. Pickerel fishing is great right now. A citation pickerel was caught in Weems Creek just last week. Get out on the water and on some fish before it gets too cold.

Comment

Originally posted by kdkilbo View Post
                      Originally posted by imagine29028 View Post

you guys gonna sign up? we've got 6 people right now, others have talked about it as well

Paypal is easiest, but if you prefer to pay by another method that can work too.

Comment

Sure thing. Logged into my PayPal. Will get the loot over tonight.... Gonna be getting my new propel this week.... So I've gotta get out there and use it!image.jpgimage.jpg caught these two chunkies on Thursday....but that was still October.
                        Tarpon 120
                        Ascend D10T

Personal bests
                        25 &1/4" Pickerel

Comment

We've got 10 signed up!! hope to see a few more registrations come through. should be a fun competitive month.... John Veil???

Comment

Originally posted by CB kayak 02 View Post
                            We've got 10 signed up!! hope to see a few more registrations come through. should be a fun competitive month.... John Veil???
                            Matt - Since you mentioned me by name, I will reply that I have very little interest in tournaments -- competition is not why I fish. I am unlikely to sign up for these monthly events. I try to do the CBKA event in Sept, and one or two low-key events that are run through the Severn River Rod and Keg Club, since I used to be the president there. That is about it for me in the tournament world. Have fun and be safe on the water, especially in the cold weather.
                            John Veil
                            Annapolis
                            Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Working...
                            X