Checking In - Occoquan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Checking In - Occoquan

I haven't been able to get on the water that much this year, but anyway... just wondering if someone could tell me where the crappie have been holding lately or any relatively new info for the occoquan river. I'll be hitting the usual spots where they've been in the past. If anyone could help out with depth or a hot color I'd appreciate it. I dont have much time, but I'll be out there Sunday evening.

Thanks in advance and I'll be posting the report here if anyone is interested. I know the Occoquan isn't really a hot spot, but it's local and I'm itching to get out.
    Last edited by jsnyd86; 10-17-2014, 11:50 AM.
    -Jon
    Revo 13

Was out from 2-6pm on a rising tide. Water temps were around 65 throughout. Most fish suspended at 7-9ft and bunched up pretty good. Most fish focusing on darker baits. Ended the day with 4 or 5 with a bass and sunfish mixed in, but all in all it was pretty slow.

I was shooting under the deepest ends of the docks and under 95 overpass. Vertical jigging would have probably been more successful but it was pretty windy most of the day and didn't die until dusk.
    -Jon
    Revo 13

Comment

Did you find crappie or just bass?

Comment

Originally posted by Snakehead Hunter View Post
        Did you find crappie or just bass?
        Sorry for the late reply. Most were crappie but I could only get a few to bite and all were about 10".
        -Jon
        Revo 13

Comment

Working...
        X