Best bang for the $$

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kevinfry View Post
    ..but believe me, you don't need to see it. when you have a fish on in the back rod holder...flush or otherwise...you'll feel it. Very obvious.
    Best bang for the buck... well... almost all my mounts are PVC...

I really don't have the ability to use a track system with my kayak... but I am sure they are great.

My rear mounts... I have the drags set low on my reels so I hear when fish is on..
    Last edited by rob-kayak; 10-19-2014, 06:45 PM.

Comment

Yes, you will feel fish on with rear rod holders...even really small ones. My deal with wanting my trolling rods in front is to monitor for grass and stuff, not so much for fish but it helps. Rocket launchers are the best in the back imo, and they are not hard to reach for me. I would often just lay my net on the front hatch when speck or flounder fishing. You may actually want to do flush mounts with a pvc setup if you want to carry 3 rods and a net. I always managed fine with 4 rod holders.

Comment

I understand Pat. Pictures will not be in short supply once the proud yak-daddy completes his first fishing kayak!
        Besides, I have to show you and Kevin and John the results of your counciling and guidance.
        Cheers!
        DaveO
        Arnold/Annapolis
        Yellow Tarpon 140

Comment

Working...
        X