Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AbuMasgouf View Post
    Yes they will make very nice ceviche! LOL
    I didn't make any yet, but I did print out the recipe you sent me.
    Hobie fleet:
    2017 Quest 13
    2015 Outback
    2014 Outback

Comment

I had a great time. I was not even going to fish this weekend due to family obligations, but Sunday opened up later in the week. I was going to try a location that Medicyaker and I tried before with good luck a few weeks ago, but when I got the call from Mustafa, I decided to jump in with the group. It was a great day fishing. I started off catching a 23.5 inch speckle trout...darn, just 1/2 inch short of a citation. Keeper rockfish seemed to elude me in the morning hours. Low tide was around 10:30am and high tide was expected to be around 5pm. I noticed that the water temperature was 60 degrees in the morning, but climbed to 64.8 at a max in the early afternoon. It was the early afternoon when I finally encountered multiple keeper rocks in the range of 18 to 20 inches. I could not keep the rocks or the smaller speckle trout off of my line. I even caught a 16 inch blue trolling. I let most of my fish go except for the 23 inch spec, 2 bluefish, and 2 rockfish up to 20 inches after measuring the fish when I got home. I also noticed that inside the belly of the rockfish, I found 3 blue crabs and two baby needle fish or something similar. Pretty interesting. The trout was cooked fresh when I got home. It was baked in foil. It was sprinkled inside and out with garlic powder, black pepper and a little bit of sea salt, stuffed with onions, scallion, thyme, okra, and two thin sliced of lemon.
      Attached Files

Comment

I'd say that's a baby needlefish from the belly.

The stuffed spec looks tasty!

The spec eluded me until we were in sight of the landing...pretty happy I finally got one at the end of the day. Especially after hearing everyone else catching them....and you getting them one after another.

Weird; we weren't that far apart, using pretty much the same thing, speed, direction...yet I spent the day catching almost all rock and you spent the day catching a mostly of spec.
        Hobie fleet:
        2017 Quest 13
        2015 Outback
        2014 Outback

Comment

Martin -

That long slender fish looks like a pipefish to me. http://www.chesapeakebay.net/fieldgu...itter/pipefish

Nicely done.
          John Veil
          Annapolis
          Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Originally posted by J.A. Veil View Post
            Martin -

That long slender fish looks like a pipefish to me. http://www.chesapeakebay.net/fieldgu...itter/pipefish

Nicely done.
            The wealth of knowledge here is amazing. I learn something new every time I log in.
            Hobie fleet:
            2017 Quest 13
            2015 Outback
            2014 Outback

Comment

Thanks John for the info on the Pipefish. Chalk one more up for Snaggedline University.

Comment

Took the rod that reel seat failed on Sunday to BPS and they exchanged it for a new one. Make sure you put everything on your rewards card. They asked if I had the receipt, which I don't, but they looked it up on via my rewards card and viola; printed out the receipt.
                Hobie fleet:
                2017 Quest 13
                2015 Outback
                2014 Outback

Comment

Originally posted by Cowpokey View Post
                  Took the rod that reel seat failed on Sunday to BPS and they exchanged it for a new one. Make sure you put everything on your rewards card. They asked if I had the receipt, which I don't, but they looked it up on via my rewards card and viola; printed out the receipt.
                  Nice new and shiny rod

Mobile

Outback 2015
                  Maui

Comment

Originally posted by Goody View Post
                    Nice new and shiny rod

Mobile
                    With a reel seat that stays in place.

I put everything on that rod that was on the one it replaced; it's strung up and ready to go!
                    Hobie fleet:
                    2017 Quest 13
                    2015 Outback
                    2014 Outback

Comment

Originally posted by Cowpokey View Post
                      With a reel seat that stays in place.

I put everything on that rod that was on the one it replaced; it's strung up and ready to go!
                      Needs the fish slime still.

Mobile

Outback 2015
                      Maui

Comment

Originally posted by Goody View Post
                        Needs the fish slime still.

Mobile
                        Hopefully that will be installed soon.
                        Hobie fleet:
                        2017 Quest 13
                        2015 Outback
                        2014 Outback

Comment

Sweet bro! I'm glad they exchanged it.
                          -Mustafa
                          ابو مسقوف AbuMasgouf (Aboo-Mas-goof ): Fish Roast Papa
                          2016 Hobie Outback
                          2012 Hobie Revolution 13
                          "Be humble to whomever you learn from and whomever you teach."-- Imam al-Sadiq (as)

Comment

Originally posted by AbuMasgouf View Post
                            Sweet bro! I'm glad they exchanged it.
                            Makes me wonder if they would do anything for the one that got broken fighting that ray.
                            Hobie fleet:
                            2017 Quest 13
                            2015 Outback
                            2014 Outback

Comment

Working...
                            X