12 Oct 2014 - WWPGD & FPG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 12 Oct 2014 - WWPGD & FPG

Went out to the Eastern Shore with Goody, MOC, Mustafa, Camelbird, and Dao. We came up with some new acronyms and one game....and caught A LOT of fish.

First up, the acronyms:

WWPGD: What Would Paul Goody Do?
    FPG: Follow Paul Goody!

Game:

Kayak Jousting. All you need is two kayakers and each to have a fishing pole, the rest is self explanatory.

We guestimated how many fish we caught, figured an average of 5 throw backs for each keeper. I brought home two rock, (18" and 19"), six bluefish (all over 16") and one speck (16"). Lots of dink stripers for me, all the blues and speck came home. It was a long day on the water, we launched at 7:30 am, and landed just over 9 hours later. Caught fish on what has been working everywhere, speck were all caught in 5' or so of water. Rock were caught shallow and near the surface over deep water. The blues were mostly caught in a channel next to the drop off where it went from 5' down to 35', close to the surface, casting or trolling both produced. Forgive me (and us) for not putting up exact details of where we were, or what lures/bait the fish were caught on...powerboaters scour our forum and burn out our locations.

Hopefully the guys that took pictures when we landed will post them up, a great trip and everyone came home with a limit of rock. It was a great day on the water with an awesome crew of fishermen.

The only pictures I took.

My wife cleaning the speck, she's cleaning all the fish from this trip.

My cooler of 9 keepers.

Goody hooked up...AGAIN.

FPG

Contents of one of the rock's stomach.
    Hobie fleet:
    2017 Quest 13
    2015 Outback
    2014 Outback

Interesting crabs...

Comment

Originally posted by daolai View Post
      Interesting crabs...
      I think this way they were brought home makes them "legal", lol!
      Hobie fleet:
      2017 Quest 13
      2015 Outback
      2014 Outback

Comment

Interesting crabs...
        I bet you could catch fish with fake/plastic crab. Never tried that, but have brought home lots of rock that had little crab in their bellies that size. I imagine you'd have to dead stick them...?
        Hobie fleet:
        2017 Quest 13
        2015 Outback
        2014 Outback

Comment

Any idea what that bait fish is (was)? Looks like a small spot right behind the gill?

Edit add: the stomach contents smelled pretty bad, but Cowkid2 was excited to show me.
          Hobie fleet:
          2017 Quest 13
          2015 Outback
          2014 Outback

Comment

Yea oh well or keep using the electric chicken color lures On another note great times and the fishing was wicked..

Comment

Yea oh well or keep using the electric chicken color lures On another note great times and the fishing was wicked..
              I never did cast my chug bug today. I put it on the line and never got to breaking fish while it was ready to launch.
              Hobie fleet:
              2017 Quest 13
              2015 Outback
              2014 Outback

Comment

I used my Williamson top water and caught one and I was pretty excited so excited I decided to practice kayak re-entry. You didn't miss anything.

Comment

I used my Williamson top water and caught one and I was pretty excited so excited I decided to practice kayak re-entry. You didn't miss anything.
                  what??? you turtled in your outback???
                  Sun Fishin'

Comment

Originally posted by Sun View Post
                    what??? you turtled in your outback???
                    I was sort of standing/sitting and lost my balance and took a dip. Kayak didn't flip I was OK I am an idiot.

Comment

I wish I would have seen that! I got brave at the end of the day, but really didn't want to drive home wet...so I didn't complete my reentry training by going in the water.
                      Hobie fleet:
                      2017 Quest 13
                      2015 Outback
                      2014 Outback

Comment

FYI, when the reel seat breaks free of the rod blank, it sucks. I only brought two rods along for this trip, and my spinning rod showed a manufacturing defect on the first fish. I was able to keep using it for the rest of the day, but every fish I had on the line while trolling turned into another feat of how do I land it with the reel seat sliding up the blank or spinning around the blank, or both.
                        Hobie fleet:
                        2017 Quest 13
                        2015 Outback
                        2014 Outback

Comment

Originally posted by Cowpokey View Post
                          Any idea what that bait fish is (was)? Looks like a small spot right behind the gill?

Edit add: the stomach contents smelled pretty bad, but Cowkid2 was excited to show me.
                          Look like a menhaden
                          Ryan
                          Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
                          Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

Always carry duct tape
                            Ryan
                            Blue 2016 Hobie Outback

Comment

Nice job guys, I wish I could make it over there again, but stuck on this side for a while
                              Ryan
                              Blue 2016 Hobie Outback

Comment

Working...
                              X