Primitive/Wilderness Camping + Kayak Fishing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Primitive/Wilderness Camping + Kayak Fishing

Looking for a pretty secluded location that would allow primitive camping and kayak fishing. Freshwater or Saltwater.
    I've heard of the Obed River in TN I was wondering if that spot was good.

The upper susquehanna by Duncannon PA, has some islands you can camp on...and then the lower chesapeake bay (see kayak Kevin's DVDs) has some remote islands..
    John Hostalka

Delaware Paddlesports and
    Hobie Fishing team member

2018 Camo Hobie Outback
    2015 Hobie Outback

Comment

I had found a blog a few months ago where a guy kayaks from the susky flats down the Chesapeake into the Atlantic up to ocean city. The trip took 12 days and he describes camping on sand spits and sometimes in marinas. Good story.
      PigPen - Mt Airy
      Native Mariner 12.5

Comment

Try Janes Island State Park near Crisfield, Md. It is on the lower eastern shore southwest of Salisbury. They have a dedicated island for primitive camping. It's $7 a nite, no fires but the do allow propane stoves. Primitive camping is not on their web site, but call for details and reservations. It's a great park! ​​410-968-1565​

Here is their mobile site for general reference. http://dnr2.maryland.gov/publiclands...nesisland.aspx

Comment

Martin River, Ontario Canada....awesome pike and walleye. Perfect for Kayak fishing.....long drive but doable.
          I have been looking at camping and fishing in the Savage River National forest.
          14.5 ft Sand colored Malibu X-Factor "the promise"
          2010 Hobie Outback "the Gift Horse II"

Comment

Working...
          X