No announcement yet.

Kayak Fishing Seminar at Seneca Creek State Park on October 19th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well Dave i also scouted out the lake on Saturday afternoon. Didn't do much fishing but ended up catching one small largemouth on the edge of a weed bed just like you said. Then pulled a rookie mistake and placed the rod on the deck of my kayak, well lets just say the next 45mins i spent dragging a large lipless crank trying to get my rod back. Soooo to anyone that plans to fish after and snags a shimano rod and reel can you let me know? Haha good times though. I went right after and got some rod floats at dicks. Lesson learned. Looking forward to this weekend.
    Attached Files
    Tan-Tarpon 140
    Lime-Pelican Matrix
    Yellow-Scrambler XT

Comment

Originally posted by lovett88 View Post
      Well Dave i also scouted out the lake on Saturday afternoon. Didn't do much fishing but ended up catching one small largemouth on the edge of a weed bed just like you said. Then pulled a rookie mistake and placed the rod on the deck of my kayak, well lets just say the next 45mins i spent dragging a large lipless crank trying to get my rod back. Soooo to anyone that plans to fish after and snags a shimano rod and reel can you let me know? Haha good times though. I went right after and got some rod floats at dicks. Lesson learned. Looking forward to this weekend.
      Been there. I lost a rod at Clopper years ago in a spot so shallow I could not believe that I could not dredge it up. After about 15 minutes it is easy lose track of exactly where it went down.
      Dave

Wilderness Systems Ride 115

Comment

Originally posted by bunnielab View Post
        I really hope I can make this. I am very new to both fishing and kayaking and seem to spend most of my time on the water untangling lines and crashing into piers. Some info on technique would be very helpful as I seem to only be able to catch fish by luck most of the time.
        Oh this made me chuckle! I feel ya man been there myself...can't wait to upgrade!
        Hidden Oak 2014 NATIVE SLAYER PROPEL 13
        Tarpon 120
        Ascend D10T

Personal bests
        25 &1/4" Pickerel

SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!
        http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXjKlcf7rw_SwanvTarJVCg
        Facebook:https://www.facebook.com/pages/Beyon...46820392155412

Comment

Alright my plans are set, see y'all on Sunday!
          Tarpon 120
          Ascend D10T

Personal bests
          25 &1/4" Pickerel

Comment

Just a heads up...according to weather channel...it's supposed to blow on Sunday 15-20mph. Are there any places to get out of the wind?

Comment

Originally posted by imagine29028 View Post
              Just a heads up...according to weather channel...it's supposed to blow on Sunday 15-20mph. Are there any places to get out of the wind?
              Clopper Lake is not huge at only 90 acres so we are not dealing with big water (and big waves). Scoutlook weather has the wind at 14-15 miles per hour during the afternoon for that area.

Here is a map of the lake. That north west corner (see #1) of the lake up by the dam has a steep hill that does a good job of blocking a stiff wind out of the WNW. Same situation in the upper end of the lake where another hill (see #2) knocks down a wind from that direction. The coves and the northern shoreline should afford some wind protection as well.

Dave

Comment

I'll be there, looking forward to gaining some insights. The lake is only a few miles from my house and it's been hit or miss for me. Thanks for organizing it.

-Feel Free Lure 11.5

Comment

This is going to be my last chance to get on the water for some time, I will be there even if the lake freezes over.
                  Drew

Yellow Pompano 12
                  Lime Slayer 10

Comment

Have a massive head cold, but looking outside at these wind gusts here in Annapolis, Im kinda glad I stayed home.

Hope those who went have a great time.

Comment

Thank you to everyone who was able to attend today! Hope you picked up a few useful tips. At any rate I always enjoy the chance to converse with fellow kayak anglers.

Here are a couple of post seminar largemouths from Clopper Lake

Dave

Comment

Well at least some people caught something. I got skunked.....but with the wind and heavy grass it is no wonder. Was a great seminar from some really great guys! Thank you for freely sharing your knowledge with us fellow enthusiasts. See y'all on the water.
                        Tarpon 120
                        Ascend D10T

Personal bests
                        25 &1/4" Pickerel

Comment

Originally posted by Yakie_Noodle View Post
                          Well at least some people caught something. I got skunked.....but with the wind and heavy grass it is no wonder. Was a great seminar from some really great guys! Thank you for freely sharing your knowledge with us fellow enthusiasts. See y'all on the water.
                          Yes, that wind was something else today! It finally died down about 15 minutes before sunset (of course we had to be out of the park by sunset). I thought I had a good one on a jig late in the day. I pulled a up a heavy wad of weeds. When I picked the weeds apart I found a 14" largemouth enclosed.

Thanks for coming on out today!
                          Dave

Comment

Sorry I had to miss it. Went out Saturday and the wind wore me out. Also dealing with a pinched nerve in my shoulder. Hope you had a good turn out and hope you do it again in the future.
                            2013 PRO ANGLER 12
                            2013 Cuda 12

Comment

Big thanks to Jeff, Jed, and Dave for putting this on yesterday! I'm always eager to learn something, and these present an oppourtunity to learn up close and ask questions. Thanks guys! I hit the water before the seminar and was rewarded with this healthy bass.

Comment

I had a great time, thanks to everyone who put it together. I learned a lot and had a ton of fun.
                                Drew

Yellow Pompano 12
                                Lime Slayer 10

Comment

Working...
                                X