No announcement yet.

Heading out tomorrow for a quickie...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yes it was very much like that.. just one spot on the tail. It is hotly debated in my house as to weather or not I caught it... My 7yo son says NO.. you have to get it in the boat.. not sure who taught him that, it wasn't me. I got it to the boat.. picked it out of the water by the lure and started at it wondering if I could grab it with my hand or if I should use the lips or if I should resort to the net. While the debate raged in my head.. it got off and into the water.
    People who use the word "literally" wrong literally kill me.

Comment

Yeah, just want to know who is competing/how much money is in the pot. It's all about transparency with these types of things.

Sent via mobile
      Hobie Local Fishing Team - Backyard Boats
      Locations in Annapolis, MD and Woodbridge, VA
      https://www.backyardboats.com/

Comment

Mark,
        What is the depth along that rock wall in that direction?.. I thought about heading over there but was getting tired, the wind was starting to whip up a bit and I thought it best to stay more sheltered. There are signs all over the place saying that point is government property so if I got washed ashore I had visions of snipers in the trees and G-Men in black suits with tazers. At the point where I was at, it was 5-6 feet all the way out to the buoy.. or at least half way to the buoy.

Comment

Wrong thread Redfish?

Comment

Pat,

I have no electronics on my kayak but I believe the depth is between 3 and 5 feet along the wall.

No need to worry about G-men. They have more important things to worry about than a stranded kayaker.

Besides that, you're more likely to get shot by a stray bullet from the USNA rifle range which is nearby. (I'm just kidding on that. But you can often hear shots from the range while fishing near the wall.) Believe me. It's a very safe and good place to fish.
            Mark
            Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
            Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
            Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

Really weird! I have not even read this thread!

Sent via mobile
              Hobie Local Fishing Team - Backyard Boats
              Locations in Annapolis, MD and Woodbridge, VA
              https://www.backyardboats.com/

Comment

I will put this at the top of my list for next time.

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Smith View Post
                  yes it was very much like that.. just one spot on the tail. It is hotly debated in my house as to weather or not I caught it... My 7yo son says NO.. you have to get it in the boat.. not sure who taught him that, it wasn't me. I got it to the boat.. picked it out of the water by the lure and started at it wondering if I could grab it with my hand or if I should use the lips or if I should resort to the net. While the debate raged in my head.. it got off and into the water.
                  Yep, that's a redfish and it counts since you touched the leader. Neat catch and probably the farthest north I've heard of any smaller reds being caught. Just checked salinity at the Annapolis buoy and it's up 14.6 PSU. Interesting...

Try a 1/4 oz clown colored Roostertail at that rock wall and you'll load up on perch. A lot of black backs and stripers to be caught there too. I fish it by boat sometimes and it can get as shallow as 2 feet.
                  2014 Hobie Pro Angler
                  2018 Viking Profish 400 Lite

Comment

Nice, sounds like a red to me. Couple years ago there were a lot in the severn, but this is the first I've heard of any this year. StrOng FISH!
                    Ryan
                    Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
                    Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

Working...
                    X