Any body hiting the Susquehanna

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any body hiting the Susquehanna

This past Sunday I fished the Susquehanna. First time ever doing so in a kayak. I paddled around the Montgomery Ferry area and had a few decent fish. Unfortunately I spent more time using my paddle as a push pole then I did actually fishing. I've never been on the river before with it this low. I'm possibly heading back up this weekend and was wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of a little more fishable water. Was thinking about the Fort Hunter, Goldsboro, or York Haven areas. Any and all input is greatly appreciate. Fishing reports for the river have been good and things are only going to get better.
    2014 Jackson Kilroy

Fort Hunter and paddling upstream toward the Dauphin Narrows will put you in some great water. The local folks have been tearing it up. There's also a Kayak Anglers of Central PA tournament Saturday morning between Wrightsville and Safe Harbor dam if you feel like fishing with a group.

Comment

Fort Hunter has been on my radar but I'm not sure what the water level is like there. I know the river as a whole is low but I'm sure some sections carry a little more water then others
      2014 Jackson Kilroy

Comment

Originally posted by bdurboraw12 View Post
        Fort Hunter has been on my radar but I'm not sure what the water level is like there. I know the river as a whole is low but I'm sure some sections carry a little more water then others
        There are some pretty shallow spots - I was up there last week and it was less than a foot in some spots, but overall still plenty of fishable pools, and there is some rain in the forecast for this week. The river gauge is about the same now as last week when I was there.

http://waterdata.usgs.gov/pa/nwis/uv?site_no=01570500

The area just north of the Rockville Bridge, south of Fort Hunter has been producing for friends this week as well.

Comment

Yea I'm hoping for some decent rain fall. Appreciate the input and I'll keep a eye on the river level
          2014 Jackson Kilroy

Comment

Working...
          X