CBBT Thursday and Friday?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CBBT Thursday and Friday?

This wind forecast is looking real good for thurs/fri of this week. Would be coming down from philly only to target reds. Had a good report from a buddy on the cbbt pier saturday and it looks like a nice weather window... anyone else plan on fishing?
    Hobie Revo 13 carribean blue

My YouTube Channel

Romo - a few of us will be down there on Friday - Sunday camping at First Landing State Park. Be good to catch up with another Philadelphian!

Comment

Ahh I just saw that on the other thread. I would be fishing all day Thursday and probably only Friday morning. Still tentative, but as long as there are no surprises at work I should be able to make the journey south.

My YouTube Channel

Comment

Get down there before the wind and let us know how you do. I don't think I will go this weekend...wind looks pretty bad Sat/Sun.

Comment

John,
          How do you like the new Outback? Are you catching too many fish?

Joe
          Fish like there's no tomorrow.
          Youtube UserID: ComeOnFish01 (Over 300 kayak fishing videos in mid-Atlantic (DE, MD & VA)
          https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKb...JtmNcSJBi2Sazg

Comment

Originally posted by ComeOnFish View Post
            John,
            How do you like the new Outback? Are you catching too many fish?

Joe
            It is pretty awesome, gave it a good break in last weekend and got pretty good at maneuvering around pilings in heavy current and getting better at keeping lines out of the rudder when I have them hanging out of rod holders in heavy current and wind. I think I will still add an anchor trolley for my piling hugger setup anyway. It will come in handy when the current is really ripping around the pilings.

Was struggling with things on my first time at cbbt with it. I think I might need to move my net holder to my good shoulder side and move the visipole to other side. I missed a huge doormat flounder reaching for my net behind my reconstructed shoulder...range of movement in that shoulder is not great. I used to leave the net between my legs with my other kayaks when flounder fishing so I could grab it very easily. Was trying for a bull red with heavy bucktail and big bait out where you got that one last time. Got some nice keeper flounder at Lynnhaven. Also specks up to barely keeper size, black seabass, and some smaller flounder over there. Small specks and small striper at hrbt. So...yes, caught at least 20 or so fish so far with it, but majority of them were small specks, blues, and toads. I really like the ability to troll while pedaling so I can feel when the fish bump.

Comment

Any of you out in a yellow Revo Friday around noon? Saw one by the island when we stopped on the bridge. Look like he had a yak bum sticker on the front cover.
              Dan
              2014 Hobie Pro Angler 14
              Hobie Fishing Team Member
              Heroes on the Water Volunteer

Comment

I was only out there thursday. It was pretty rough with the full moon tides and a realllllly confused sea for most of the morning I was pushing my limits. Took 2 tries at the surf launch to get out and I was banging up and down so hard it dislodged my transducer. I didn't see any other kayaks out there and really didnt see any other boats under 30 feet. When I finally made it out to the island there were fish, though. I hooked what I assume were 2 reds that absolutely owned me and broke me off in short order. Caught about ten flounder when it laid down in the afternoon but the reds were gone. I intended to fish Friday morning before making the 6 hour drive back home but I woke up in my tent Friday morning and everything hurt. That 10+ hours of pedaling against a 3 knot current killed me. I'd like to get down there one more time and fish with some CBBT vets
                Last edited by Romo; 10-15-2014, 09:07 AM.

My YouTube Channel

Comment

Anyone think this is fishable for Friday at the CBBT? Little concerned about those predicted wave heights...

My YouTube Channel

Comment

Thinking about trying to hit it fri afternoon, but Sat morning actually looks better and more time for all this rain we are getting today to move on out.

Comment

Saturday is not an option for me unfortunately. I'll just sit back and see what the forecast looks like tomorrow.

My YouTube Channel

Comment

Yeah, looking at some conflicting forecasts for Fri right now, but everything I am looking at says it will be doable but maybe not great. Also need to factor for flooding today and how long all that water will take to move on out.

Comment

Working...
                        X