Question: Hobie Outback owners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question: Hobie Outback owners

How do you transport your Outback? Trailer, Pick-up, SUV-top, Car-top? Thanks

I have an inflatable wreck and I transporter on top of my car

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Transport it. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Upside-down and stripped of everything; seat, peddles, FF, rocket launcher. I made a yoke out of 1" tubular webbing to tie it front and back.

Hobie fleet:
        2017 Quest 13
        2015 Outback
        2014 Outback

Comment

Truck with modified bed extender. Back sits on extender and front sits on crossbed toolbox with foam blocks.

Comment

thanks guys, Cowpokey that is a nice Jeep. I have a 01 wrangler, but with the lift and tires make it too tall. I am buying a truck though, so it is good to know I have both options. I want to get some kind of trailer hitch cross bar to put it in the truck bed upright. It would be really nice to not have to strip the seat and rod holders every time. I saw an olive PA on a truck the other day, with a trailer hitch that came up like a football goal post that looked nice. thanks again

Comment

Yeah, I'm a little envious of people that can transport with out stripping it down. I do have to strip it down for the way I store everything, so it just happens at the water instead of the garage. Besides, I wash everything down before I put it away, so it would all get taken apart anyway.

I transport the same way on top of my Jeep or my wife's, with the hard top too.

Yes, we have two silver Rubicons. We like the Jeeps.
              Hobie fleet:
              2017 Quest 13
              2015 Outback
              2014 Outback

Comment

The thing that looks like a goal post is a bed extender.
                I hauled my outback in my 08 F150 with a 6.5' bed and no extender was needed.
                Any beds shorter and you'll probably need one. With the tailgate down your adding another 2 feet.
                With a tonneau cover on I slid the outback in with everything attached, even a full crate.
                2013 PRO ANGLER 12
                2013 Cuda 12

Comment

Back of the truck, no bed extender. Two ratchet straps is all I use. I run them thru the cart scuppers in the rear tank well and connect the other end of the ratchet to the cleats in the bed of the truck. If I am going a really long distance I will run a security cable thru the handle and attach it to the bed of the truck just in case a strap were to fail.

Hobie Fishing Team Member
                  Survival Products, Salisbury, MD

2017 Camo Hobie Outback
                  2015 Olive Hobie Outback

Comment

My primary method for short trips is to fold down the rear seats of our Honda Pilot, and slide it into the back. It sticks out maybe 3 feet. there is still enough room along the side of the outback to put my fishing crate in. The rods and pretty much everything else goes on top of the Outback inside the Pilot. I use a ratchet strap to secure the hatch down. At teh launch ramp, I can then open the hatch and slide it into the water. Attach the crate and go.

For longer trips, I put it up on the roof rack. I have one of the truck bed extenders that I use in vertical position so that I have a nice span between the front and back cross beams. And I dont have fancy cross beams. I use 2x4 with carpet glued on.

Comment

Cartop

IMG_1600.jpg
                      Mike S.
                      Hobie Outback
                      Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers
                      3D Printed Hobie Hatch Bucket

Comment

Working...
                      X