Fishfinder/GPS units

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HawkGT View Post
    I have the raymarine dragonfly 5 and am quite happy with it. I bought it primarily for the chirp sonar feature and the fact that any bad user problems would have come to light by now. It works just as advertised and I'm happy with it. You will want to be sure of all the install details for your 'yak so the install goes well. I have a pro angler 12 and the install was just as I hoped.

Gps performance is what I expected and very accurate. I like the ability to save tracks of where I fished. It locks onto my position before I can get the "boat" launched and has never lost my position.

The sonar and chirp downscan work well, too. I just can't compare them to anything else since this is my first sonar unit. The images seen out on the water at 40 feet and less match the advertisements. I've seen bait balls and large blips nearby, which I assume were larger fish. I didn't catch anything to confirm that. But. I did watch a very large blip come up from the bottom to near the transducer and felt a pressure wave on the mirage drive as it went by. Spooky!

The chirp feature is fun to watch now and again, but I don't use it as much as I thought I would. Still, it works as advertised and I would rather buy a good unit once and be done with it. I tend to get frustrated with a purchase that saved a few bucks when buying the first time, but then left me wanting in the long run.

I found my best price at the NC GPS store

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Hi HawkGT, I was thinking about getting one of the Dragonfly's. What type of Transducer do you use? I see I can get one at BassPro but it comes as a package deal and includes a Transom mounted Transducer (CBT-60). I was planning on putting the transducer under the yak in the spot made for it but then I have to buy separately. I want to make sure I get the right one. THX!
    ~ Crypto
    2015 Hobie Pro Angler 14

Comment

Working...
    X