No announcement yet.

10/11 Anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was always under the impression it was open all night...I usually get there right around 6:00 - 6:30 and you just either pay at the gate (you have to get out put $ in the box and get a ticket on your own) or drive on thru with your park pass. We use to fish there into the wee hours of the morning during the summer.
    Hobie Outback - Orange

Where Land Ends...Life Begins

Comment

Awesome, thanks! I didn't know they had a drop box for paying

Comment

Originally posted by RxForFishin View Post
        Awesome, thanks! I didn't know they had a drop box for paying
        Just a confirmation that you can be in the park as long as you are fishing or camping. YOu can't sleep in your cars there.

Side note.. The drop box is like 10 - 15 off the road off to the left at the tree line. I never knew it existed until this year myself. Just letting you know so you won't waste time looking for it and more time fishing. =)
        The best time spent is time that doesn't feel like it was spent at all. When it's worth it you'll give everything to do it all over again no matter what the cost.

Comment

cool, thanks for the heads up dson!

Comment

$8 for out-of-state, $5 for instate resident. So bring some 1's and 5's.
            Fish like there's no tomorrow.
            Youtube UserID: ComeOnFish01 (Over 300 kayak fishing videos in mid-Atlantic (DE, MD & VA)
            https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKb...JtmNcSJBi2Sazg

Comment

Pretty snotty Saturday, early morning was some pretty heavy down pours then later in the morning the light rain was combined with some decent winds. Hey...that's why they make waterproof gear! To paraphrase what Dson05 said on Saturday, "its what we get for going out knowing it would be like this". Lots of sharks and gobs of toadfish from tiny to huge. There weren't a lot of quality fish caught but MAD was taking place so it was cool to see the Military folks fishing with the good guys at Delaware Paddles Sports. I managed one keeper Tog and look forward to eating it tonight . I was hoping for some of the Sheepshead or Triggers as well, but it is always fun just getting out on the water.

Hobie Outback - Orange

Comment

thanks for the report - congrats!

if you don't mind - what kind of camera/lens did you shoot those pics with? are you a spearo?

ps - think I've seen your yak (and you) out there before. might have tried to get clamming advice from you last year

Comment

I stayed a little while longer, but it only got worst. Should have left when you did. I only had that one short and a cunner all day long. I'll have to go back for the keeper. Good seeing you out there. It was fun in it's own way.
                  The best time spent is time that doesn't feel like it was spent at all. When it's worth it you'll give everything to do it all over again no matter what the cost.

Comment

Originally posted by Southerly View Post
                    thanks for the report - congrats!

if you don't mind - what kind of camera/lens did you shoot those pics with? are you a spearo?

ps - think I've seen your yak (and you) out there before. might have tried to get clamming advice from you last year
                    May have! I have the memory of a 90 year old, aka bad. Haha.

Negative on the Spearo, I just really like the diving fish stringers.

I use a Optrix Iphone Case for my Iphone 4 with the 165° lens. Its a sweet waterproof case and I won it on ebay for under $10 shipped (they are about $100 from their store).

Dson05 - Agreed it was a good time, at least we didn't get skunked with zero fish caught at all. I'll be down there the 26th to fish if you are around.
                    Hobie Outback - Orange

Comment

Thx for the report guys, I will try my luck on tuesday.
                      "Be like water my friend"

12 Hobie outfitter

Comment

I actually postponed my trip until Sunday. This was my first time fishing out of Lewes aside from surf fishing.

We didn't get much at the inner wall. Got a couple of sharks and oyster crackers.

We went to the outer wall and caught more sharks, oyster crackers and some skates. I managed to catch three taug, two keepers and one short guy. There were three of us in my boat and no one else pulled in a taug. We talked to a couple people at the ramp and they said they only had a few small blues to show for their efforts.

Where do you guys launch the kayaks from?
                        There were a couple trucks filled with kayak at the boat ramp but they never launched from what I saw as they left. I did see two yaks out at the inner wall.
                        Do you guys lunch from the boat ramp on pilottown road or do you launch from Cape Henlopen State Park?
                        1980 Something Old Town Canoe
                        2008 Native Ultimate 14.5
                        2015 Coosa HD
                        2016 Hobie Outback Limited Edition #56
                        2017 Pelican Trailblazer 1000 (38# of portaging freedom)

Comment

Very easy to launch from CHSP. The public boat ramp is good access for fishing Roosevelt Inlet and the Canal. If you fish the Ferry Walls you can launch at the 2nd public beach, but its not cheap to park.
                          Hobie Outback - Orange

Comment

Dan,
                            Good job on catching a keeper. I fished the inner wall yesterday. The water was calmer than I expected. Caught 4 togs at 12-14" and two large croaker, and some toad. I caught all on fresh shrimp. Because of the wind forecast and rain, I didn't make to the outer wall. I was cold even though I wore a wader and splash-proof top. I came back to my truck for dry cloths and fished again for flounder. I had zero bites on bucktail.

The water temp was 64F yesterday. I think next weekend will be better.

Joe
                            Fish like there's no tomorrow.
                            Youtube UserID: ComeOnFish01 (Over 300 kayak fishing videos in mid-Atlantic (DE, MD & VA)
                            https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKb...JtmNcSJBi2Sazg

Comment

Hey Joe,

Me and Tim was there Sunday, wind was blowing in the morning but by 1 everything died down. Caught 3 keeper togs, 5 short, 1 flounder and a shit ton of toad.

Comment

Thanks Joe!

KG703 - Nice! Good to hear some more fish were caught! Were you guys at the inner wall?
                                Hobie Outback - Orange

Comment

Working...
                                X