2015 Native slayer 10 reviews?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2015 Native slayer 10 reviews?

Thinking about the new 2015 NATIVE SLAYER 10 FOOT and looking for pro and con info.

tnx oldrustyhook
    Wayne
    Old town 158
    Fusion 124
    Ascend D10T
    Ocean== looking

For the money I'd take the extra couple feet. I have a 12' mariner. For extra turning I lean the boat. I also flip up the propel gear and I'm not sure that would work in that configuration. I've heard they changed the hull to decrease cavitation. My 2013 tops out around 5.5 mph when the cavitation seems to get worse. I like the cargo area in the back and would put some Scotty flush mounts in right away. Its a lot lighter which would be a huge win.
    PigPen - Mt Airy
    Native Mariner 12.5

Comment

I am also super interested in the 10' Slayer. I want to be able to cartop transport what ever boat I get as my primary so the lightness of the 10' model seems super appealing. I got to try out a Hobie a few weeks ago and am still looking for somewhere to demo a Slayer.
      Drew

Yellow Pompano 12
      Lime Slayer 10

Comment

I have one on order. As a Native Pro Staff member, I can get kayaks directly from the factory. I plan to drive to the Native factory in western North Carolina in two weeks and pick up my new kayak.

After I get home and use it a bit, I will provide some first-hand reports. I will also try to make my Slayer Propel 10 available for others to check out.

I have read a few reports of field trials. Here are two links

http://www.jaxkayakfishing.com/phpBB/topic37040.html

http://www.nativeownersgroup.com/for...ayer-propel-10.
        John Veil
        Annapolis
        Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Very interesting. It will be great when Mr. Veil gets his and gives it a go with all his experience.
          If you already have a kayak then you sort of know what you like and need.
          If you don't then I'd give some a test drive ...
          My kayak is 10 foot, not a "fishing" kayak, I didn't originally buy it as a fishing kayak but knew I would toss out a line
          with it. But circumstances changed for me... and fell in love with fishing on the bay and have made do with what I have.

I've been in larger swells which is no big deal for me personally, and paddled 18 miles against wind both ways, and have
          had many great fishing trips. I only mention this for those that are new to the experience and don't let the fact that you don't have a $2000 kayak keep you from having fun and getting out on the water.

I originally choose 10 foot for the weight and ease to throw it on the roof of the car, and to go out in waves in the ocean.

In retrospect I would have gone a lot bigger for fishing.

I think the kayak we are discussing here is a "niche" size. And there is nothing wrong with that. You just have
          to decide what your niche is... and the money you will be spending.

I am sure the Slayer 10 foot is great.

Getting a larger kayak on the roof of your car.... well there are a lot of options...

Comment

John,
            Have you picked up your new native 10' slayer yet?
            Wayne
            Old town 158
            Fusion 124
            Ascend D10T
            Ocean== looking

Comment

I will pick it up on Wed. I won't get back until late Thurs. I hope to get it on the water over next weekend.
              John Veil
              Annapolis
              Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

All,
                We have our Slayer 10 Demo if anyone wants to make the journey over to Delaware to try her out. Just let us know so we can be ready for you!

Thanks, Brian

Delaware Paddlesports
                call or text with questions 302-249-1695
                http://www.delawarepaddlesports.com

Comment

Working...
                X