Compliment from a Pro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Compliment from a Pro

Free State Fly Fishers had their monthly meeting on Wednesday October 1st, and as usual we had a Guest Speaker. This months speaker was Guide and author of "Chesapeake Light Tackle" Shawn Kimbro, who does a fantastic job not only with his knowledge but also his presentation. The compliment came when he was describing how "Rockfish" use their senses to detect sounds and smells in the water and also they can detect "Displacement" from a boat. Shawn told the group "...those Kayak guys really know what they are doing.." This coming from a Professional Guide really says something about our sport!
    If you ever get a chance to hear him speak about light tackle fishing it will be time well spent as he has a wealth of knowledge to pass on.
    If anyone is interested in finding out more about Free State Fly Fishers please feel free to contact me.

eyedaddy

That is awesome. I wish everyday that I had discovered yak fishing 10 years earlier.
    Mike

Comment

Originally posted by mweber02 View Post
      That is awesome. I wish everyday that I had discovered yak fishing 10 years earlier.
      Soo true for me as well!
      -Mustafa
      ابو مسقوف AbuMasgouf (Aboo-Mas-goof ): Fish Roast Papa
      2016 Hobie Outback
      2012 Hobie Revolution 13
      "Be humble to whomever you learn from and whomever you teach."-- Imam al-Sadiq (as)

Comment

Originally posted by mweber02 View Post
        I recently had a friend ask me when I was going to upgrade to a center console. Silly powerboat people.
        Hobie fleet:
        2017 Quest 13
        2015 Outback
        2014 Outback

Comment

Originally posted by cowpokey View Post
          i recently had a friend ask me when i was going to upgrade to a center console. Silly powerboat people.
          lol!
          -Mustafa
          2016 Hobie Outback
          2012 Hobie Revolution 13
          "Be humble to whomever you learn from and whomever you teach."-- Imam al-Sadiq (as)

Comment

Originally posted by Cowpokey View Post
            I recently had a friend ask me when I was going to upgrade to a center console. Silly powerboat people.
            It doesn't need to be either/or -- you can have both. I am happy to have options depending on the weather and how far I want to run around to find fish.
            John Veil
            Annapolis
            Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

I agree John and would love to have both, unfortunately the center console's not an option for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by J.A. Veil View Post
                It doesn't need to be either/or -- you can have both. I am happy to have options depending on the weather and how far I want to run around to find fish.
                john I just joined your club. However, I will always padle my yak, lol
                Cuda 14
                Big tuna

Comment

Originally posted by J.A. Veil View Post
                  Don't get me wrong, I'll take any option that gets me on fish. I just thought Cowpokey's comment was funny
                  -Mustafa
                  2016 Hobie Outback
                  2012 Hobie Revolution 13

Comment

I met Mr. Kimbro after he spoke at an event. Great guy and and a super book he wrote. Regarding kayaks and boats, I am having way more fun on my kayak, so I am selling my Boston Whaler SuperSport 150.
                    Peggy

Native Slayer Propel 12.5 Max
                    Cobra Explorer

Comment

Originally posted by Pc4sun View Post
                      I met Mr. Kimbro after he spoke at an event. Great guy and and a super book he wrote. Regarding kayaks and boats, I am having way more fun on my kayak, so I am selling my Boston Whaler SuperSport 150.
                      I get a little nervous with my six year old on board my tadem in the open bay. I think it will bridge the gap in age and ability for me over the next 10 years or so. It is also hard to tube from a kayak. Me and frogsauce are talking about loading the boat with yaks and zipping over to the eastern shore and anchoring and fishing the back creeks on the other side, Easier than driving for us in the beach area. I'm lucky enough to be walking distance to the bay so we are on the water a lot in the summer. (just ask my wife) To each his own I suppouse.
                      Cuda 14
                      Big tuna

Comment

Originally posted by AbuMasgouf View Post
                        Don't get me wrong, I'll take any option that gets me on fish. I just thought Cowpokey's comment was funny
                        I read it as a joke. Luckily this forum doesnt't have as much mean spirted people as some of the hull truth folks. Wow they really go at it. I think its ironic that I steal many of shawns styles to use trolling from my yak. I think even though he is anto-trolling he will cut us a break for using the yaks's and light tackle, lol
                        Cuda 14
                        Big tuna

Comment

Working...
                        X