Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where to fish this windy next couple of days?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to fish this windy next couple of days?

Anyone venturing out for stripers? Wind forecast looks pretty bad. Sunday seems to be the best day with Monday getting really blustery again. It really don't look that bad at home right now and am thinking I missed out by not getting out this morning.

I am going nuts here , didn't have a chance to get out last week and now I have weekend and a Monday off and here come the gales. I haven't joined the dark side and do paddle. Any recommendations or anyone going to give it a try? Considering Goodhands Creek for tomorrow.

This is what I'm seeing for Eastern Bay but hope that Goodhands may offer some protection.

TODAY
    W WINDS 10 TO 15 KT. GUSTS UP TO 25 KT LATE THIS MORNING
    AND AFTERNOON. WAVES 3 FT. A SLIGHT CHANCE OF SHOWERS THIS MORNING.

TONIGHT
    W WINDS 10 TO 15 KT. GUSTS UP TO 25 KT UNTIL EARLY
    MORNING. WAVES 2 TO 3 FT.

SUN
    SW WINDS 5 TO 10 KT. WAVES 2 FT.

SUN NIGHT
    SW WINDS 5 TO 10 KT. WAVES 1 FT.

MON
    S WINDS 10 TO 15 KT WITH GUSTS TO 25 KT. WAVES 1 TO 2 FT.

MON NIGHT
    S WINDS 10 TO 15 KT WITH GUSTS TO 20 KT. WAVES 1 TO
    2 FT.

TUE
    SW WINDS 10 TO 15 KT. WAVES 1 TO 2 FT. A CHANCE OF SHOWERS
    THROUGH THE NIGHT.

WED
    W WINDS 5 TO 10 KT. WAVES 1 FT.

Goodhands would probably be fine. It might get choppy, but the waves should be small and close together.
    Hobie fleet:
    2017 Quest 13
    2015 Outback
    2014 Outback

Comment

Thanks for the feedback. I believe I'm going to give it a go Sunday. Did fish one of the CBKA tournaments with bad weather and didn't find Goodhands to be to scary even with 10 -15 winds. Like you described choppy but close. You ain't out today Cowpokey?

Comment

Originally posted by DonV View Post
        Thanks for the feedback. I believe I'm going to give it a go Sunday. Did fish one of the CBKA tournaments with bad weather and didn't find Goodhands to be to scary even with 10 -15 winds. Like you described choppy but close. You ain't out today Cowpokey?
        Not with this wind, windfinder.com says it's blowing at 18mph...yesterday was enough waves for a couple days. Besides, it's the weekend...more powerboats will be out with all the people that were stuck at work during the week.
        Hobie fleet:
        2017 Quest 13
        2015 Outback
        2014 Outback

Comment

Working...
        X