where can I launch on the Severn?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• where can I launch on the Severn?

thinking maybe up by the round bay type of area.. where can I plop my Yak in in that area?
    People who use the word "literally" wrong literally kill me.

The only public place to launch in that part of the river is Smith's Marina in Crownsville. It costs $20 to use the launch -- even for a kayak.
    John Veil
    Annapolis
    Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

I launch from Jonas green in Annapolis

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

crap.. that should be illegal to bock off a whole river with no public access except for one place that charges an arm and a leg. stupid rich people, stupid government.
        People who use the word "literally" wrong literally kill me.

Comment

Pat, Jonas green is a popular place to launch, but car-top only, no trailer. There is about a 70 ft walk (I'm guessing) on grass then sand to the water.
          Peggy

Native Slayer Propel 12.5 Max
          Cobra Explorer

Comment

There are other options, but you mentioned Round Bay. Here is a table I prepared. If it is hard to read, send me your email address and I can forward an Excel spreadsheet. annapolis launch points.jpg
            John Veil
            Annapolis
            Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

[QUOTE=J.A. Veil;98071]There are other options, but you mentioned Round Bay. Here is a table I prepared.

John, thanks a lot for this. It will give me options for getting to the Beverly Triton area without launching at that beach (to hard with the weight of my yak)
              Peggy

Native Slayer Propel 12.5 Max
              Cobra Explorer

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Smith View Post
                thinking maybe up by the round bay type of area.. where can I plop my Yak in in that area?
                Jonas Green Park very close to Naval Acadamy.... Free to launch and park.. just make sure you park in the right place not the restraunt parking.
                Maria
                GO RAVENS!!!
                D10 Ascend
                http://c85c7a.medialib.glogster.com/...lers-2-png.png

Comment

Working...
                X