S WINDS 5 TO 10 KT. WAVES 1 TO 2 FT.

FRI NIGHT
    S WINDS 10 TO 15 KT. WAVES 2 FT. A CHANCE OF SHOWERS
    AFTER MIDNIGHT.

SAT
    W WINDS 10 TO 15 KT...BECOMING N IN THE AFTERNOON. WAVES 2
    FT. A CHANCE OF SHOWERS.

SAT NIGHT
    NE WINDS 10 TO 15 KT. WAVES 3 FT. A CHANCE OF RAIN.

SUN
    NE WINDS 10 TO 15 KT. WAVES 3 FT. A CHANCE OF RAIN.

If it doesn't get any worse, it's doable.
    2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
    2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
    2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

Doable doesn't always mean enjoyable

I just checked out Windfinder's super forecast and it doesn't look enjoyable

http://www.windfinder.com/weatherfor..._bridge_tunnel (click the super forecast)

Friday's winds are good for most of the day, but part of our group won't be able to get there until after 2pm. So it leaves little time for that day before the winds pick up.

Saturday doesn't look like it gets any better until after 10am. Only to go up sightly again with consistent waves around 3ft.

Weather predictions aren't always right and one can go down and it'll be picture perfect (well maybe not perfect ) but the long drive makes it less than ideal to 'go and find out.'

Personally I'd rather go local and hunt for trout with better weather predictions than to take my chances
      -Mustafa
      ابو مسقوف AbuMasgouf (Aboo-Mas-goof ): Fish Roast Papa
      2016 Hobie Outback
      2012 Hobie Revolution 13
      "Be humble to whomever you learn from and whomever you teach."-- Imam al-Sadiq (as)

Comment

Good eye. You noted I said "doable," not "doable and enjoyable,"...lol...
        2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
        2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
        2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

Sorry, I didn't think anyone has responded after I last checked cause I didn't get any more email alerts!

We went and fished all three days. We set up camp around 3pm Friday at First Landing and headed right to the bridge to tog. We knew with the weather it would be our only shot. Right away I hooked a monster fish on a green crab, 35" black drum. Not much else except small seabass and oyster crackers.

Saturday we fished Lynnhaven and caught well over 50 specks each with the biggest 18". We holed up in the sodbank and casted along the edge. They hit anything you threw and it was almost a fish a cast. We tried for reds but couldn't find them. We also caught tons of spot and blowfish near the tennis courts.

Sunday we planned to hit the ships but with the wind we stayed in Lynnhaven again. We ended up finding reds in the 26" range on an oyster bed. I had a nice one I broke off and my my buddy chris had 3 and landed 2. We added a few more dozen specks and spot and headed home.

I also tagged about 2 dozen specks and hope to get at least one return.

Thanks for the help and can't wait to get down there again. We are headed to the Kipto December 12th weekend to fish the ships.

I will post more pics and video later on my blog.

Speck 1.jpg Speck 2.jpg image (9).jpgDSCF4141.jpg
          Last edited by kayakdannj; 10-13-2014, 05:32 PM.
          Dan
          2014 Hobie Pro Angler 14
          Hobie Fishing Team Member
          Heroes on the Water Volunteer

Comment

That's an awesome Drum bro! Glad it worked out for you guys. Hopefully in December we can try to meet up!
            -Mustafa
            2016 Hobie Outback
            2012 Hobie Revolution 13
            "Be humble to whomever you learn from and whomever you teach."-- Imam al-Sadiq (as)

Comment

Nice report Dan
              Hobie Revo 13 carribean blue

My YouTube Channel

Comment

Dan
                2014 Hobie Pro Angler 14
                Hobie Fishing Team Member
                Heroes on the Water Volunteer

Comment

Nice!!
                  <insert witty comment here>

Comment

Very nice!!
                    -Mustafa
                    2016 Hobie Outback
                    2012 Hobie Revolution 13

Comment

Nice vid! Great music selection! Reminds me of my battle with one of those beasts a couple months ago! Awesome!!!
                      Ryan
                      Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
                      Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

Working...
                      X