Looking for some help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for some help!

Hello everyone! My name is Tyler Moon. I live in northwest Pennsylvania. I am in the process of planning a trip next year to come fish the CBBT and lynnhaven. I am looking to catch a variety of fish from stripers, reds, specks, flounder, togs, etc. What time of year would be best to catch a variety of fish? June? Any help is appreciated.

Your question is too broad to answer. It's possible to catch all species one or two days. But it is highly unlikely. First of all, you need to learn techniques (along with proper tackles, and specific locations) for each species. The species you mentioned are available in different water and different time of the year.
    If you are in VA beach area, probably Mid October will be the best time of the year for stripers, reds,specks, flounder and togs. You may plan to camp in the state park mentioned on the "Lynnhaven Area" thread.

Camping in the state park is good because not only you can cook your fish but also (in my case), I feel better because my tackles and kayaks are with me.

I am not sure if you have adequate saltwater kayak fishing experience and equipment. If you don't have it, - carrying and launching a kayak on the sand and incoming waves are quite different. You will deal with the wind, current, and long distance paddling.
    I strongly suggest you that make some one-day trips if possible before you plan the first big trip. Since you live in the Western PA, hitting saltwater requires a quite driving.
    For many of us, including me and the most members responded to "Lynnhaven Area" thread, drive 3-4 hours one way to hit Delaware and VA Beach very frequently.

I am not sure how much you drive to CHSP (Cape Henlopen State Park, DE), hopefully less than 3 hours. If you can make a day trip to CHSP, CHSP will be the good starting location. Some of us will fishing CHSP for togs, flounder, and striper until possibly Mid-Novemer.

I have youtube videos of my fishing logs that cover all species you mentioned. Find ComeOnFish01, sort the videos by upload dates in descending order, and just read titles from current to last year September. The titles will give you some idea regarding fish availabilities.

Thanks
    Joe
    Fish like there's no tomorrow.
    Youtube UserID: ComeOnFish01 (Over 300 kayak fishing videos in mid-Atlantic (DE, MD & VA)
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKb...JtmNcSJBi2Sazg

Comment

Working...
    X