South river stripers 10/2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DOGFISH View Post
    I am still a skeptic myself, and I have been looking at solunar tables off and on since the mid to late 1970s. They used to be printed in the back of sport fishing magazines. It is kind of fun to keep track of when the time period occurs. Of course, as with most folks, I fish when I get the chance to go. So, I can't always plan my trip around the tables. Even with the tables, if one fishes in the wrong place or with the wrong baits or lures, then they may not do well on any given day regardless of the tables. There are a lot more variables in fishing than just the tables. That is what makes fishing so fun.
    Totally agree with what you're saying. What I like about the link you provided is that the optimal fishing predictions are mostly in tune to what I believe is the natural pattern in the areas I fish most (all other variables being constant). I mostly fish tidal water, but the times I do fish freshwater I have found more consistency with solunar tables and fish feeding patterns. At the end of the day, I'm just happy if mother nature let's me win one or two every now and then.
    2014 Hobie Pro Angler
    2018 Viking Profish 400 Lite

Comment

The fish should hang around, if not get better. As the water cools more fish seem to show up. There are plenty of prey fish for them to feed on.

The weather forecast for the 11th has taken a turn for the better, NNW at 8mph, with a falling barometer, as it stands for now. The river should be in good condition.

Comment

Working...
      X