2014 TKAA Tournament

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2014 TKAA Tournament

Here are a few pics from this past weekends TKAA tournament. Like the previous years, the weather was not very favorable with winds around 15mph in the morning. Jeff, Matt(slap) and I decided to tough it out and head out to CBBT knowing that most kayakers would be fishing in more protected areas. The peddle out there was rough, taking us over an hour to reach our destination spot. Rob Choi of AnglingAddict.com, was the only other brave kayaker out there. He had already hooked up with a 48-49" bull red. Not too long after dropping my bait, I was able to hook up with a 48" bull drum. Around noon, I decided to head back to turn in my fish. Matt and Jeff decided to stick it out a bit longer hoping to land a big drum. On my way back to the check-in, i recieve a text from Matt saying that Jeff had landed a 51" drum, securing his spot for 1st.

Tournament Results.
    1. Jeff Depfer - 51"
    2. Rob Choi - 48.5"
    3. Mike Rosa - 48"

Congrats to Jeff for placing 1st and breaking the record for biggest drum caught at a TKAA tournament.

On Sunday, we went back to CBBT. We were joined by Ravens Defense and Hemmingway to get on some bull drum action. Weather was perfect compared to Saturday. We were able to hook up right away. Jeff and I landed 3 nice sized bull drum each, Matt (slap) and Doug (ravens defense) also got in on the action with drum breaking the 50" mark. Between all of us, we managed to hook up with 8 bull drum in a few hours.

tk2_zps4581260e.jpg

tk1_zps0b182b7c.jpg

tk3_zps6a15d89e.jpg

tk4_zpsc9d163c3.jpg

tk5_zpsdca96f4e.jpg

tk6_zps37b838f6.jpg
    Hobie Revolution 13
    Hobie Fishing Team

Sun. was very cool day, and a great learning experience for me. I was expecting the slamming, drag burning runs that i was used to in shallow water, much more touch needed for those girls. I am looking forward to the next opportunity to get on 'em. It was really to neat to watch the "stealth mode" you guys went into when you were hooked up, most of the boaters around us had no idea what was going on lol

Comment

Thats really, really awesome fishing. Congrats to all
      Hobie Revo 13 carribean blue

My YouTube Channel

Comment

It was very nice to see you guys on Sunday.

So Marylanders mentioned by Rob were you guys. I call ourselves Snagged Liners or the Upper Bay kayakers.
        Go Snagged Liners!

Joe
        Fish like there's no tomorrow.
        Youtube UserID: ComeOnFish01 (Over 300 kayak fishing videos in mid-Atlantic (DE, MD & VA)
        https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKb...JtmNcSJBi2Sazg

Comment

Can't wait to see more pix. Congrats to all..
          Mike and son Jeffrey Yellow Hobie Pro Angler
          Olive Hobie Outback

Comment

Heck yea fellas!
            Brian

Comment

Working...
            X