TKAA Fish-a-Thon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TKAA Fish-a-Thon

The annual TKKA tournament has been a great time both times I have fished it. Its a perfect excuse to head south for three days and fish hard. Hemminway and I left Friday morning. The plan was to pre fish the ESVA until the wind ran us off the water. We fished until about noon and finally ran into some nice upper 20's reds. Good pullage until the wind picked up, the tide turned, and the water became a muddy mess. Sorry for the crappy cell phone pics.

On the morning of the tournament we planned on going for the slam. Speck, an easy red, and a flounder. About 30 minutes after we launched I pick up a 17 inch speck. Off to a good start, onto the reds, I thought. Ha. Well, they never showed. Insert end of the slam, no need to search for flounder, beer time, etc. A few snaggedline guys (grilled, slap, and jeff) braved the winds, went after bulls and connected. Jeff won the red division with a giant and grilled won 3rd with a slightly smaller giant. Awesome job, again, fellas.

On Sunday with the winds projected to be next to nothing, the above three, Hemminway, and myself went to the CBBT. We launched to awesome conditions.

The bite was pretty consistent for about 4 hours. I believe there were 9 reds landed out of five of us. I am still pumped after landing a new personal best, hog that taped out at 51.5 inches. A second one pulled the hook after about 3-4 minutes. I could honestly have cared less. A huge thank you to Hemminway for taking these pics. I owe you big time, man.

Hobie Fishing Team Member
    Survival Products, Salisbury, MD

2017 Camo Hobie Outback
    2015 Olive Hobie Outback

That's a MONSTER!!! Congrats!
    Hobie fleet:
    2017 Quest 13
    2015 Outback
    2014 Outback

Comment

Wow, niiiiiiiiiiiiiiice. Now you really made my red fever come back.
      2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
      2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
      2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

Nice job, seems the bull bite is on down there. Were you guys using big gulp and jigs or live bait?
        Ryan
        Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
        Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

Awesome job! Joe also got a nice bull red out there on Sunday. Not quite as big, but close. I didn't try much for one...was looking for something I could eat (came home with a couple keeper flounder). Maybe this weekend I will try for one of those reds. Hope the weather will be really nice again like Sunday. Water looked perfect Monday morning driving back...was really wishing I could stay to fish another day instead of heading back to work.

Comment

That's good fishin! Congrats.
            2013 WS Ride 135
            2015 WS Ride 115

Comment

Awesome job guys! Congrats!

Mobile

Outback 2015
              Maui

Comment

We were using cut spot. Usually a whole head or half the body. I also forgot to mention the drum were not the only thing loving the spot. Somewhat surprising on a 10/0 circle hook. I don't think I'll ever think a bait is too big again. If they're hungry, they'll eat.

2017 Camo Hobie Outback
                2015 Olive Hobie Outback

Comment

Joe actually caught the bull red on his little flounder rig. How big were those flatties?

Comment

I didn't put them on a board, but both were over 20".

2017 Camo Hobie Outback
                    2015 Olive Hobie Outback

Comment

Wow! Congrats Gents!
                      -Mustafa
                      ابو مسقوف AbuMasgouf (Aboo-Mas-goof ): Fish Roast Papa
                      2016 Hobie Outback
                      2012 Hobie Revolution 13
                      "Be humble to whomever you learn from and whomever you teach."-- Imam al-Sadiq (as)

Comment

Impressive. Snaggedline represents well, always.
                        <insert witty comment here>

Comment

Good job guys and sounds like a lot of fun need to add this to the calender for next year too.

Comment

Working...
                          X