Hooper Island Area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Goody View Post
    I will only give general information of the area and share fishing techniques and type of lure used unless you are fishing with me. It's the Hooper Island area. The stringer can be picked up at Walmart. It's a Mustard saltwater stringer made with nylon and stainless steel snaps.

Mobile
    You're phone must have intervened, it's Mustad MSTD 62A. I have yet to see one at Walmart, but I believe you.
    Hobie fleet:
    2017 Quest 13
    2015 Outback
    2014 Outback

Comment

Originally posted by Cowpokey View Post
      You're phone must have intervened, it's Mustad MSTD 62A. I have yet to see one at Walmart, but I believe you.
      Phone AI. LOL. Thanks. They're there.

Mobile

Outback 2015
      Maui

Comment

Phone AI. LOL. Thanks. They're there.

Mobile
        People can get their stringers there, if they're able to find them?
        Hobie fleet:
        2017 Quest 13
        2015 Outback
        2014 Outback

Comment

I completely agree with you.

Mobile
          I'm not looking for the exact spot just where the public launch is. I see a few spots were you have to park in the marsh and drag your yak into the water near the bridge. Don't know if its posted no parking there or what other surprises are in store like trespassers will be shot. Sorry not trying to be an imposition.
          PigPen - Mt Airy
          Native Mariner 12.5

Comment

Nice work gentleman! Good to see the specks making a showing. After last winter I am happy to catch even a small one
            John Hostalka

Delaware Paddlesports and
            Hobie Fishing team member

2018 Camo Hobie Outback
            2015 Hobie Outback

Comment

Originally posted by PigPen View Post
              I'm not looking for the exact spot just where the public launch is. I see a few spots were you have to park in the marsh and drag your yak into the water near the bridge. Don't know if its posted no parking there or what other surprises are in store like trespassers will be shot. Sorry not trying to be an imposition.
              Public launches can be found on the md dnr site.... from there its up to you man. Telling you were they launch is basically giving you the spot as we're in kayaks you don't go that far too fast.

Comment

Nice Paul and Mike! They've finally arrived huh?

Dangut wish I wasn't home bound!!! LOL

PigPen, no worries man, it was a simple/innocent question. Like Matt said, in a lot of places on the Eastern Shore, where you put in is where you're catching fish. That's a beautiful area and very fishy. Almost anywhere you launch there you'll have a chance at them because of the similar underwater terrain. I highly encourage you to explore it. Any MD DNR location will be safe to launch from. Good luck bro!
                -Mustafa
                ابو مسقوف AbuMasgouf (Aboo-Mas-goof ): Fish Roast Papa
                2016 Hobie Outback
                2012 Hobie Revolution 13
                "Be humble to whomever you learn from and whomever you teach."-- Imam al-Sadiq (as)

Comment

Maryland launch locations-----> http://www.dnr.state.md.us/boating/boatramps.asp
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AbuMasgouf View Post
                    Nice Paul and Mike! They've finally arrived huh?

Dangut wish I wasn't home bound!!! LOL

PigPen, no worries man, it was a simple/innocent question. Like Matt said, in a lot of places on the Eastern Shore, where you put in is where you're catching fish. That's a beautiful area and very fishy. Almost anywhere you launch there you'll have a chance at them because of the similar underwater terrain. I highly encourage you to explore it. Any MD DNR location will be safe to launch from. Good luck bro!
                    Missed you out there! They're here but it took some time to find them.

Mobile
                    Last edited by Goody; 09-30-2014, 09:46 AM.

Outback 2015
                    Maui

Comment

Originally posted by sparky1423 View Post
                      Great job you two! That's a healthy stringer for sure.
                      You need to come with us next time. Missed you out there.

Mobile
                      Last edited by Goody; 09-30-2014, 09:58 AM.

Outback 2015
                      Maui

Comment

Originally posted by jet View Post
                        damn, nice job on the specks. i havent caught a keeper since spring. i fished that area(dunno if same spot as you obviously) on saturday, from 9-4. only two dink specks, but 10 rockfish up to 20" and only two of them were under. a few 14" blues too.
                        Sounds like you did pretty well out there with all the stripers. Nice! It took awhile to find them. They're out there though.

Mobile

Outback 2015
                        Maui

Comment

Goody,
                          Sorry I missed saying in my earlier post what a great stringer of fish that was! Awesome day! Hope to run into you someday over here on the ES.
                          Gary

Comment

Originally posted by Hemingway View Post
                            Goody,
                            Sorry I missed saying in my earlier post what a great stringer of fish that was! Awesome day! Hope to run into you someday over here on the ES.
                            Gary
                            Thanks! I'm sure we'll run into each other soon over on the ES.

Mobile

Outback 2015
                            Maui

Comment

Thanks everyone, it was a fun day on the water indeed. Hope to have more of these types of day.

Mobile

Outback 2015
                              Maui

Comment

Nevertheless, he did outfish me 2-to-1, for sure. I think he had 3 fish on at the same time at one point, lol.

I did have 3 on at the same time. I didn't follow my rule to keep going straight while bringing them in. I was turning gradually so I could face them. What a mistake. I managed to get two in with no problem. The third one had other ideas and created a nice knot with my other line. Ended up dragging it for few minutes, unhooking it and cutting the line off and retying it.
                                Last edited by Goody; 09-30-2014, 04:48 PM.

Outback 2015
                                Maui

Comment

Working...
                                X